Author Topic: best gloves for ice jigging  (Read 1293 times)

Offline celtbass

• Team IceShanty Regular
best gloves for ice jigging
« on: Dec 16, 2014, 04:31 AM »
Hey fellas, looking for the best pair of gloves for jigging. I want warmth and feel, maybe water resistant as well...  basically looking for some Russian issue sniper gloves  :o. Would love some suggestions
Let it freeze

Offline Oz 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: best gloves for ice jigging
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2014, 09:20 AM »
Best I've had for comfort, warmth, and water resistance were scuba divers gloves, they were unique- Not neoprene, some sort of knit material - Dont even know the name, small seal logo on the wrist-- I eventually wore thru the index fingers though - I wish i could replace them but efforts to buy the same have proven difficult.  Now I use those "fold back expose the fingers mittens" or neoprene depending whats going on Wx wise.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2014, 09:22 AM »
I use the insulated Kinco gloves. When your hands are wet and you go to put your gloves on and off, you dont invert the insides of the glove. Plus easy to put a warming pack inside too in the palm area.

Disposable at the end of the year.

Offline jmamos52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2014, 10:18 AM »
so.. I haven't used this as it hasn't arrived yet, but my buddy has one and loves it.. check it out, gives you the ability to stay warm, yet still have the sensitivity for your hand on the rod.  good luck! http://www.beamoutdoors.com/ice-fishing/jignmitt/

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2014, 10:26 AM »
so.. I haven't used this as it hasn't arrived yet, but my buddy has one and loves it.. check it out, gives you the ability to stay warm, yet still have the sensitivity for your hand on the rod.  good luck! http://www.beamoutdoors.com/ice-fishing/jignmitt/

That is pretty slick, I haven't seen that before

Offline masspike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2014, 11:51 AM »
I have never used gloves while jigging even when its really cold...im old school
a bad day of fishing....is better than a good day @ work

Offline jmamos52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2014, 03:47 PM »
yeah.. I agree.. I haven't used them before either, however this thing looked solid and the feedback has been good. I'd figure I'd give it a try simply for the windy days .. I'll let people know once I get it.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2014, 06:00 PM »
I use the insulated Kinco gloves. When your hands are wet and you go to put your gloves on and off, you dont invert the insides of the glove. Plus easy to put a warming pack inside too in the palm area.

Disposable at the end of the year.

X2
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline shotty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2014, 07:30 PM »
I use the finger less woollies or sometimes just a pair of latex it's surprising how good the latex works it keeps the wind and water off.

Offline P.Dona

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><((((º> Bring on the ice!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2014, 10:59 AM »
My little secret to keeping the hands warm is getting either hand warmers, or toe warmers and keep in the pockets.   I do this most of the season, and only use rubber coated string gloves when dragging the sleds to our destination.  If  you have a Job Lot in your area, they're cheap, a variety pack of about 10 pairs of toe, hand and body warmer is about $5.00.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2014, 01:30 PM »
I have heard quite a few people say they use latex. I'm going to try it myself this year, under my "fold back expose the finger mittens" (Hahahaha Oz, I never knew what to call them!  :) )
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline fisherhawk55

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2014, 04:25 PM »
I use a quarterbacks hand warmer and if you want toss a handwarmer in it or pocket warmer and when it's really cold I ad fingerless wool gloves

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2014, 04:49 PM »
i only jig and i wear mittens, never cold. when you keep those hands warm, you will be able to jig longer too

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 18, 2014, 12:55 PM »
I use rothco fingerless sniper gloves, there wind proof fleece.
Salmonemia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.