Author Topic: Any action at 11 mile?  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Mountain Maggot

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waiting for the next Ice Age
Any action at 11 mile?
« on: Dec 15, 2014, 09:01 AM »
I know there's ice, but could not make it down with the weather.  Any brave souls catching anything?  I am trying to plan a trip with my boys and fish would be a nice plus. ::)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Any action at 11 mile?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2014, 06:46 AM »
Read the 11 Mile thread and the Tarryall Thread both have info on 11 mile.
<===Lefty===

Offline Mountain Maggot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2014, 09:35 PM »
Thanks Lefty.  Looks like a number of reports are surfacing on 11mile.

Offline Hambone77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2014, 03:20 PM »
I'm headed up early tomorrow morning. Let you know how it went.

Offline Griff8185

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2014, 09:24 PM »
I was there today. About 5-6 inches of ice, and 3 in some spots. There were a few people out today. Everyone stayed closer to shore, about 15 ft out. Don't know if it's because they were worried about ice, or if they know something I dont. It was a bust for me, but I'm new to the lake. The weather might have played a role too. I was marking them, they just weren't taking the offer.
Flags flyin' high!

Offline Cub Fan 719

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2014, 09:30 PM »
I've fished the lake for quite a few years now. Was up today also. No love at all! Didn't see any cruisers,  no bites. Didnt even mark any on the flasher. Fished 6 FOW to 32 FOW. My guess is the front really screwed up the fishing, at least for me. Good luck! Tight lines!

Offline Griff8185

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2014, 09:33 PM »
Glad to see I'm not the only one. 
Flags flyin' high!

Offline Crazy Tom

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2014, 10:03 PM »
Tuff lake for sure and seems to be more difficult as time go's on. Allot of pressure and the overall skill level of ice anglers has really increased over the years. There's not to many offerings those slimers haven't seen. Still one of my favorite early season lakes and it still kicks out some decent fish for us.  I just miss 30 fish days and someone sticking one between 5-10 lbs every trip early ice..

Offline andyrm66

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2014, 01:06 AM »
how much snow? was there sunday and snow sucked.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:50 AM »
Yah SHE can be a brutal mistress! ;D
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Eyefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:56 AM »
Just like a woman,  hot one day ,cold the next

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2014, 09:19 AM »
It looks like we're posting reports here instead of the 11 Mile thread which is okay with me. I was up yesterday 12/17 and fished for about 5 hours. Caught one 16" trout which was the only bite I had. Nothing on the pike rod which was what I was hunting. Fished exactly where I wanted to be with my best stuff and still frustrated. Even had the barometric pressure in my favor which is rare. I had about 5" of ice and about the same in snow. I'd put my gear on the smitty to beat the snow but even that didn't work. When I stopped, the sled would sink down until it hit a layer of slush which would then freeze to the skis and make pulling miserable. It got kinda aerobic for an old man. Maybe it's the snow that put a damper on the bite and maybe somebody smarter can forecast what it's going to take to light it up again.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Hambone77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2014, 07:04 AM »
I was up 12/17 also, had two buddies with me and we had a good day. Iced 15 total. 14 bows, all 16-19", and one small pike. It was hot early morning and died off a little then picked back up around 11. We used a variety of jigs that all seemed to work as long as the color was pink. During that slow period I was jigging a kasty rather rapidly and got the attention of about a ten pound bow. It came up and bumped the lure a couple of times but never took it. All in all it was a good first trip to the mile.

Offline Mountain Maggot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2014, 11:34 AM »
Nice report Hambone.  It seemed to cool off for a couple days so I thought the early ice was over but this is good to hear.  Hope you have a good weekend. :tipup:

Offline CavScout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2014, 08:40 PM »
Went to the mile today (20 Dec) for the first ice trip of the year. Took my dad who was visiting from Michigan. Was on the ice and fishing at 730 and we caught our "limit" by 930. Ended up icing 14 total by the time we left at 1100 keeping a few for the grill and putting the rest back. All were bows in the 17-20 in range. Average size seemed to definitely be up from the last few years.  Most fish came of the dead sticks and jaw jackers. Only caught 2 on the active jig. Lost 3 at the hole and had several lookers/ nose bumps. Color didn't seem to matter. Caught them on white, orange, and bubblegum.  Was fishing in 5ft of water.  Ice was aprox 8"-9". 5" of snow coverage on the lake. Roads in were clear.
US Army Cavalry Scout 2007-Present 

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"-Edmund Burke

Offline lvrider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2014, 09:45 AM »
You guys caught em all and that's why I didn't have much luck!

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2014, 11:46 AM »
Cav, you did better than I did on friday. Caught 2 (dead stick white tube and mealie), and probably only saw like 10 all day! I fished to the left & right of Suckers cove. Saw most fish in 13ft of water. What area did you fish?

Offline CavScout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2014, 12:42 PM »
Ha, I just realized that I missed that part.  I was fishing Suckers Cove near the inlet.  Was surprised that we didn't see any pike cruise though. Maybe next time.  There were lots of people out there on Saturday.
US Army Cavalry Scout 2007-Present 

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing"-Edmund Burke

Offline Eyefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 23, 2014, 08:52 AM »
I am headed to the mile Friday morning. Has there been much action at Lazy boy area?    I just like to camp there.

Thanks

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 05, 2015, 07:49 PM »
Does anyone still fish here? I have missed the last two weekends and have not seen any posts about the mile. I am going up Friday morning with my son probably to Stoll mnt. Is anyone else going fishing tomorrow at eleven mile? I need someone to post their most top secret spot so that I can slay them in the morning. Thanks ahead of time for your honey hole.

Offline mtnhillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 06, 2015, 12:07 PM »
I was up a couple weeks ago we caught several in the a.m. I picked up 5 mid afternoon and then we slayed them in the eve all rainbow in 6 fow.. my buddy has been goung since and catching the same plus one pike on a trout jig with meal worm

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 07, 2015, 06:25 PM »
Thanks for all the hunny hole PM's your secrets are safe with me. We tried them all and we still felt the cold chill of the mile. Next week we will be back to vindicate ourselves. Good luck to you mile die hards. Waiting for open water to launch the boat and catch my limit again.

Offline 350orbetter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Mar 09, 2015, 11:07 AM »
Went up Sat morn the 7th. Got to Lazy Boy Bay at about 7:30 and went out about 200 yds towards the Bluffs. Set up first in 15 fow. Marked one looker in 30 minutes. Picked up and moved straight out another 200yds. Set up in 22 fow. Dropped a UV forage spoon tipped with waxie down and hooked up within about a minute. Caught two rainbows right away that were about 12". After 15 minutes of nothing went on a walkabout. Best action I found was in 32 fow. Wound up with six fish total by 2 pm. Kept none. Nothing big and all were rainbows but I was happy just to be catching fish at the Mile...a lake for me that has been tough.

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 14, 2015, 08:00 PM »
Back in the fish. Nothing good today just stockers. They will all get a chance to get bigger so I can catch them again later.

Offline chris71383

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 18, 2015, 05:56 PM »
How's the ice looking?

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Mar 18, 2015, 07:47 PM »
Looked good at coyote ridge last weekend but it has been almost a week since then.

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Mar 26, 2015, 10:13 PM »
No report Thursday!  :( What are the ice conditions?

Offline mtnhillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Mar 28, 2015, 06:17 PM »
Went wednesday.  Stormy.. couldnt get on ice at cross creek or sucker cove but the next campground with the island it was a breeze but some slushy areas I imagine the further south yoy go the better? Caught a fewbows north ng to write home about  and saw some pike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.