The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: THANK YOU ALL  (Read 1162 times)

Offline tafts ta

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Professional Ice Guide, Tournament Angler, TV Host
THANK YOU ALL
« on: Dec 15, 2014, 07:13 AM »
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the over 70 shanty members who came to the Dick's Break The Ice event this past weekend. I spoke with Shanty members from VT, MA, NH, ME, NY, Ontario, PA, and I'm sure there were probably countless more of you that I didn't get a chance to speak with because of how busy it was.
It takes a lot of guts for a big box store to invest so heavily in ice tackle as it's a short season to sell it around here. The men and women at dicks who had faith that you'd turn out were rewarded and before I left late last night they were already planning for next years to be bigger and better!

For those of you who were unable to attend, they still have a huge selection of ice tackle, lures, and augers including the Eskimo Propane and the hard to find ION.
Even though the sale is over, you still cant beat the selection!

Again...
Thanks!
Paul
Host of TV's Guiding Ice
Pro-Staff HT ENTERPRISES, Pro Staff POLAR FIRE, Pro Staff VEXILAR, Pro Staff OTTER OUTDOORS, Pro Staff PK LURES, Pro Staff DEEP FREEZE, Pro Staff Bunker Up Fishin
Pro Staff JAW JACKERS
New England's Only Authorized Representative for SnoBear Vehicles!

Offline poupster2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: THANK YOU ALL
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2014, 07:46 AM »
Thank you Paul, it was great to talk to you this weekend and thank you hosting this awesome event. I'm already looking forward for next year!

Offline VTWoodchuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2014, 03:04 PM »
It was a great event and it was nice to meet you and a few of the other reps there too.  I had good conversations and learned a few new thing from you and the fella from Striker Ice Suits.  Not only that I scored a good deal on a shelter, some lures and stocked up on braided line too.  I'm looking forward to next years event already.

Thanks Paul
KC    (aka VTWoodchuck)
“Anyone can be a fisherman in May.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Offline tafts ta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2014, 07:09 AM »
It was a great event and it was nice to meet you and a few of the other reps there too.  I had good conversations and learned a few new thing from you and the fella from Striker Ice Suits.  Not only that I scored a good deal on a shelter, some lures and stocked up on braided line too.  I'm looking forward to next years event already.

Thanks Paul
KC    (aka VTWoodchuck)

Something I never overlook or fail to appreciate is just how much I have to learn and how willing you all are to share. Every conversation I get to have with fellow anglers is a learning experience.
I can honestly say, that from the youngest if anglers to the oldest.... Some of the VT anglers coming through the door were some of the most knowledgable and skilled of anywhere I have been.

Hats off to y'all.

Paul
Host of TV's Guiding Ice
Pro-Staff HT ENTERPRISES, Pro Staff POLAR FIRE, Pro Staff VEXILAR, Pro Staff OTTER OUTDOORS, Pro Staff PK LURES, Pro Staff DEEP FREEZE, Pro Staff Bunker Up Fishin
Pro Staff JAW JACKERS

Offline cooljoe52

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2014, 08:42 PM »
It was nice talking to you and thanks for those clam shirts ;).

Dennis

Offline flagfishon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You should have seen it! It was huge!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2014, 10:36 PM »
How did I miss out on a Clam shirt? 

Offline tafts ta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2014, 10:25 AM »
How did I miss out on a Clam shirt?
Well, You were supposed to get one with the purchase of any Clam shelter...however after we ran out of Vexilar beanies I was giving away the Clam shirts.  If you really want one stop back by. I'm not sure but there were a few dozen LG and XLG left, they might hook you up.
Host of TV's Guiding Ice
Pro Staff JAW JACKERS

Offline flagfishon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You should have seen it! It was huge!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2014, 01:17 PM »
Oh, I didn't buy a shelter.  That may be on my list next year.  Thanks.

Offline FlyPredatorVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2014, 03:10 PM »
Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me and hooking me up with Dylan. I learned a lot from both of you at the event and really look forward to my first full year out on the hard water. I wish I had started earlier! The event was great! 

Drew
Avid fly angler, rookie ice fisherman, lifetime fish geek

Offline tafts ta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2014, 04:25 PM »
Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me and hooking me up with Dylan. I learned a lot from both of you at the event and really look forward to my first full year out on the hard water. I wish I had started earlier! The event was great! 

Drew

Drew. It was an absolute pleasure. Although I'm not huge into fly fishing, maybe we can trade services sometimes. Angler to angler I always feel there is so much to learn from other fishermen. I'd love to tie into some nice long nose. I kept your card so if ever interested just let me know.
Host of TV's Guiding Ice
Pro Staff JAW JACKERS

Offline FlyPredatorVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2014, 10:37 AM »
Sounds great Paul! I will be in touch!

DP
Avid fly angler, rookie ice fisherman, lifetime fish geek

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2014, 08:49 PM »
I'm bummed because I completely missed it. I hope next year and years beyond that you guys would be mindful not to have these during deer season. I was in the woods during the week of ML.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.