Author Topic: fairbanks  (Read 2099 times)

Offline alaskajig88

• IceShanty Rookie
fairbanks
« on: Dec 14, 2014, 01:18 PM »
Is there any place around the fairbanks area with sheefish or big pike?

Offline JediMasterSalmonSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: fairbanks
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2014, 12:47 PM »
The short answer is ... not really

You will need a snow machine or airplane to legally target and ice large pike or sheefish.

Not trying to be a DH but I am sure someone needs to know what you consider "close" to Fairbanks - Close to me would be an hour drive away.

Its no secret where the pike are at in the Fairbanks Lakes. Go to ADF&G on college road and they have all kinds of info about ice fishing for pike in the area.

Try Grayling Lake or Scout Lake near EAFB for pike.

Offline Whitefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2014, 09:54 PM »
outboard pit behind  greer tank n welding......acess left side of road . pit is.90 ft.deep,, fish south end of pit  10-15 ft water....i have caught 15lb..ers  out of there. have seen much much bigger.....also some big char in there rainbows died off some years back....... :tipup:

Offline alaskajig88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2014, 09:22 PM »
Thanks. I was trying to go back there but I was told it was private property so I never checked it out. I was also told there was pike and sheefish in there. Is that true?

Offline Whitefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2014, 01:23 PM »
adfg....stocked it for some years 90s early 2000s shoud still have access......pike ,bourbot, sheefish <,rainbows, slivers.>dead//  grayling. whitefish. and some big char.....lakeview has some pike in it ..... ;)

Offline alaskajig88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2014, 04:10 PM »
Is it the first pond the left?

Offline Whitefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2014, 06:24 PM »
First pond on left .... get map of bottom....use whitefish for bait....on  :tipup: :icefish: tell us how u do.....???

Offline alaskajig88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2014, 07:17 PM »
I tried today. Got one tiny guy jigging and lost one on my tip up. Definitely have to try again.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2014, 12:17 PM »
outboard pit behind  greer tank n welding......acess left side of road . pit is.90 ft.deep,, fish south end of pit  10-15 ft water....i have caught 15lb..ers  out of there. have seen much much bigger.....also some big char in there rainbows died off some years back....... :tipup:

;D "some years back" - I bet you wont catch a 15lb pike in any lake "close" to Fairbanks in present time.

Offline Whitefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2014, 03:47 PM »
jeti is your force ,,broken.. back it up buddy,,, sounds like u need to go pike fishen.............clo se to fairbanks....up to  1 hr out.....of town ....no planes...biggest fish wins....Im calling u out......Clam up........lol

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2014, 04:27 PM »
The biggest fish would not even break 30 inches.... haha  ;D 

Offline Whitefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2014, 05:09 PM »
You call 30 ins Big..........lol...... .

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 28, 2014, 01:58 PM »
Jedi,
True story on the "pit" having nice pike!  No, not years back but within the last couple years big pike have come out of there.  Now I would not consume a fish out of that body of what without developing lesions and waking up in the AM with another eye based on fairbanks old timer accounts of dumping and burying of waste in that area.  Would not want to find out, but it's a fun place to wet a line!

Akjig88 stick to it.  You'll get some big fish over 30". Try bigger bait in the shallow drop offs and stay out of the deep holes.

Barlydog
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Whitefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 28, 2014, 05:45 PM »
big bait on  :tipup: ;D    theres some buorbot in the deep......7 out of 10 char were all  toreup by pike in there....big bite marks..... :o.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.