Author Topic: Loughborough Ice Watch 2014-15  (Read 12340 times)

Offline hearn

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Loughborough Ice Watch 2014-15
« Reply #90 on: Feb 06, 2015, 08:34 PM »
Great fish man!

Classic white tube?

Offline guardbr8kr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Feb 06, 2015, 11:17 PM »
           Thanks,   yep you nailed it... Took me 5 mins to get him to lift..

Offline guardbr8kr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Feb 07, 2015, 12:50 PM »
seen 3 guy's with parking tickets on the right side.of the road Heard it was the first time in years? I didn't get one....

Offline pierced lip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Feb 07, 2015, 01:07 PM »
Wonder if the tickets were from the city of Kingston or South Frontenac Township? I think the farther to the right(looking from lake) of the boat ramp you go there are no parking signs.

Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if it kept it's mouth shut!

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #94 on: Feb 07, 2015, 03:25 PM »
Never seen anyone get a ticket there.  Maybe they were there before 7:00 am there is a general overnight parking ban during winter for snow clearing.
@jzuliniak

Offline Displaced

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Feb 07, 2015, 05:57 PM »
Just go off the lake... no ticket. Only guy out there for a while. Saw a solo junkie in a green coat for a bit. I was in the black Frabill Venture. What a walk...

No luck. Tested the MarCum - nice piece of kit. Many schools of smelt (I assume) or perhaps perch at about 60 ft.

Probably out again tomorrow if anyone wants to stop by and have a brew.

CJC

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Feb 08, 2015, 07:26 AM »
Nice fish!!! Never heard of tickets before either. Can't imagine anyone being out there with that wind today. I'm thinking bigger drifts again with wind lasting thru till tuesday

Offline kamaro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #97 on: Feb 08, 2015, 07:28 AM »
they will ticket you because of the snow removal.... bylaw officers will ticket for the reason of the snow plow cannot get through ... and seeing there is an officer who lives near there ,, they have to make their quota too lol

I got one a few years ago in the summer with my boat trailer saying I was blocking the fire access when I was parked on the cottages side (opposite of the lake)... Fished the lake for years first time I have got a ticket. now I just take the sled or wheeler
My Wife
"Its like He has ADD and can't sit still for 1 min but he can look down a hole in the ice for HOURS"

Offline deft-traveler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Feb 08, 2015, 11:14 AM »
Never heard of tickets from that area before? Oh yah, Hello from a long time lurker. Fish the kingston to quinte region. I think I've met a few fellas on here or at least others who lurk either on lobo or at the parking area. I typically walk the country mile with a sled to go where i need to.

Been on Lobo a few times this year and it was slow. Minnows were dying so I went after some perch. Been trying for pike more so than lakers simply because they're few and far between with my luck, LOL.

Had plans to head out today but that wind with those drifts are nasty.

Offline newfisher9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #99 on: Feb 09, 2015, 10:40 AM »
Hey guys how thick is the ice in trout turf?

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Feb 09, 2015, 12:02 PM »
Wow, great laker GuardBr8kr!  Seems like some bigger trout are coming out of Loughborough this year!  Congrats on a beauty 1st lobo laker!
Tight lines

Offline sig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Feb 09, 2015, 09:03 PM »
So with parking ticktes,  deep snow, slush do I need a helicopter to get out there (lol)

Cheers sig sends
[img width=218 height=80]http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/431-s

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Feb 10, 2015, 06:38 AM »
Haven't been out in a week but was about 12" then

Offline fishO

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Feb 16, 2015, 09:57 PM »
Was out on the 15th for a couple hours in the afternoon. The snow was deep, up to my knees a lot of times. We marked quite a few fish between 2-3pm and got some good hits but they got off the line.  :-\  Got a good work out at least

Offline hearn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Feb 21, 2015, 07:55 PM »
Has anyone fished out from Davidson Beach?  Is it accessible in the winter?  Do you use the gated access off Four Season Dr? (here) Or is Sandpiper Lane open?

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Feb 25, 2015, 07:04 AM »
There are a few huts out there but not sure if there is access. Spoke to a guy hauling his hut out from the west end launch who lives near the beach. If there was access I would think he would have used it. Never been down that way myself

Offline keenej

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #106 on: Feb 25, 2015, 07:49 AM »
There's public access.  The parking is shut this year but just park on 4 Seasons and walk down. 

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #107 on: Feb 25, 2015, 09:42 AM »
So since I live an hour and a half away and do not know the lake or area. Which would be the best way to Four Seasons from the 401?
Thinking of a day trip next week say Mon. or Tues. never fished that area before and have no idea on the fishing for that area.
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline keenej

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #108 on: Feb 25, 2015, 11:03 AM »
exit division, north to Holmes road, turn left (west),  go through two stop signs, about 300 metres past 2nd stop, turn right on 4 seasons.  after about 1km, on the left, you will see a sign for Davidson's Beach.  Park and walk down the path to the lake.   You have to go down a steep hill which can be icy at times.  Ice cleats would be useful.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #109 on: Feb 25, 2015, 12:02 PM »
Great thank you, cleats are always on hand keep 2 pair in the car.

Offline keenej

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #110 on: Feb 25, 2015, 12:14 PM »
You're welcome.  There's not a lot of structure around that area.  Just a big bowl, steep at both sides, about 125 ft near the middle.  I would set up within 100 ft of shore so you at least have the steep incline as structure.  The fish feed on native smelt so any baits that replicate smelt work well.  A lot of people use white tube jigs.  They work but not always, so just rotate through your typical trout lures.   Watch for suspended fish too.  Obviously, the majority will come from the bottom but some of the most aggressive biters are higher up.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #111 on: Mar 02, 2015, 12:13 AM »
Well if the weather holds out and I can get my work in order early I will hit Loughborough Monday and if not Tuesday for sure. Thanks for the help.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #112 on: Mar 03, 2015, 12:05 AM »
Well hit Loughborough Monday afternoon when I got my stuff done. Getting there was easy and getting onto the lake was not bad, getting out well that is a different story. Damn that hill..lol.
Went down to the ice around 2:00 or so met a lone fisher on his way out, he said that the day was slooow.  Well he proved right in his statement, I mark maybe 4 fish in 4 hours. Oh well we will try again someday just need to figure what it is that I do not need to hall up the hill.

Thanks for the directions and the help, it was a great afternoon.

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #113 on: Mar 03, 2015, 06:39 AM »
I'm looking out there daily, thinking "should I give it a go today" Then the old body says "not a chance till some of that snow goes down!!!" Lol. It's been a fairly quiet season with all the snow and drastic temps. I'm planning on getting out once or twice more before the ice is gone but picking my days wisely. I still believe the morning bite is there, just a matter of getting to it.

Offline keenej

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #114 on: Mar 03, 2015, 11:11 AM »
maybe a pair of huskies

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #115 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:28 PM »
If weather does not get to crazy, we will give it a shot on Fri. morning.

Offline robbyc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #116 on: Mar 03, 2015, 05:30 PM »
would anyone be so kind as to PM me an access point for the lake as i would like to try it on saturday with the GF. not having much luck on simcoe so might give lobo a chance. From the navionics app looks  like a public boat launch on the west side of the bay, is that where most park and walk out from . thanks in advance

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #117 on: Mar 05, 2015, 08:25 PM »
Hoping for better results in the morning, heading to Loughborough for a mid morning and afternoon fish.

Offline guardbr8kr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #118 on: Mar 06, 2015, 04:51 AM »
Good luck out there this morning Fry. Please post results and conditions. I'm thinking of heading to Lobo tomorrow morning, doubt I can bring the quad but hoping conditions aren't to bad.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #119 on: Mar 07, 2015, 01:02 AM »
Fished 55-60 ft. marked fish off and on many times in the 5 hours there. Used tubes, Raps, little Cleos, Pimples in 3 sizes, Bucktails, Buckshots, 4 inch powerbait shads and one or two other lures Chase no commit, chase and no commit. Fish won today but I did have a great time and a lot of com'n com'n take it...damn, com'n take it and turn away. I will be back. The majority of the activity was 8-10 ft from bottom and between 11:00 and 12:30.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.