Author Topic: Hennepin Canal  (Read 695 times)

Offline Robby

• IceShanty Rookie
Hennepin Canal
« on: Dec 11, 2014, 11:40 AM »
Be very careful out there.  A buddy went through the ice there this morning.  He is OK but cold and shaken. 

Offline Soozookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Plastics!
Re: Hennepin Canal
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2014, 01:54 PM »
Glad he's ok. I got the itch bad. But I  am waiting for safe ice. With these warms day Temps the ice is sketchy everywhere. Not worth it imo.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2014, 02:14 PM »
Hate to put down a guy who just went through that, but he should have been paying attention to what he was doing. Buddy of mine fished it last night on 4.5" and said there were soft spots but were easily avoided. Can't tell me that with temps below freezing all night and then all this morning that the ice went from 4.5" solid to not safe overnight.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline cubanice27

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2014, 09:29 PM »
Thats terrible news!! Glad hes ok. Did he have safety picks on him and was he using a spud bar to "feel"around??

Offline crazy4crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2014, 08:10 AM »
Same thing happened to me. I was walking off the ice a took two falls. The first one was only my leg, but the second one was up to my neck. Luckly, I could use the bottom to get on to some good ice. I would not go out today because the ice is turning bad. I did have a great day of fishing though.
I'm what you would call an ice fishing freak.

Offline Robby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2014, 02:09 PM »
Crazy,  glad u are OK.  I've gone through in the past and bits a spooky experience.  A friend of mine drowned a few years ago ice fishing.  Each time we go out on the ice we are accepting some risk.  Let's just help each other minimize that risk.  Once again I'm glad u are safe.  Sposed to get cold again soon.  Maybe it'll.freeze hard soon. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.