Author Topic: Redneck Wheel House  (Read 1057 times)

Offline drillinforgold

• IceShanty Rookie
Redneck Wheel House
« on: Dec 10, 2014, 05:55 PM »
Looking for some ideas on trying to make my 8X20 enclosed car hauler into a part time wheel house. It is already insulated, has power and generator and 18000 BTU heater. My biggest problem is that I can't put drop wheels on it or it won't support a car without full axels. What do you guys think about 10" PVC vertically down through the floor to an 8" ice hole (it would be about 14" off the ice) and would I have to skirt it every time I set up on a new spot? Bales would be great but I would have too haul 17 with me. Any other ideas??? Obviously it won't be the most mobile but would be nice to have if the snow wasn't too bad! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Redneck Wheel House
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2014, 06:06 PM »
You might want to give the Ice Shack Tips forum a quick look. Lot's of great ideas, mods and stuff go on there. There are a ton of smart handy ice folks here but, you'd probably get more replies there than here for what you're looking for.

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Offline drillinforgold

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2014, 09:40 PM »
Thanks, Wyo

Offline jack alope

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2014, 09:42 PM »
5 gal pail sleeves or best bet is catch covers and sleeves

Offline mricefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2014, 05:28 PM »
I would think you would be good with just the pvc sleeve.  Paint them black and they will catch a little sun (maybe) and warm up a little more to keep the hole melted out.  If you had them, I would skip the 14 bales of hay. 

Offline alekhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2014, 09:32 PM »
Drillinforgold if you need any help getting it ready just call and seens we have no ice I have plenty of time to help get her ready for the trip if we take it
I'm not brightest tool in the shed my ice auger is

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.