New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Black Lake BS Thread  (Read 45037 times)

Offline travis.kling

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Black Lake BS Thread
« Reply #30 on: Dec 19, 2014, 01:10 PM »
I called chapmans and they said there is approx 5" of ice in front of their shop with no snow. Guys have been fishing black lake all week and it's advised to only go by foot. I'll be there tomorrow for sure to try my luck at some gills and crappie.

OneidaAngler

« Reply #31 on: Dec 19, 2014, 01:43 PM »
I am also heading up this weekend. I've got my picks and my spud, everyone else heading out should too!!! Tight lines everyone.  :tipup:

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 19, 2014, 02:04 PM »
Good to see someone has ice ! :thumbsup:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #33 on: Dec 19, 2014, 04:29 PM »
Does anyone know if Fish Creek Bait Shop in RT.58 is open. His shop was right ip the road from rollaway bay. I lost his number from last year and can't find him on the Internet anywhere.

Yes he is.
I was on 6" of ice today 3 black and 3 white.  All froze up - no slush or snow or water on top.  :P ;D :icefish: :icefish:

Offline travis9791

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 19, 2014, 04:30 PM »
Just wondering if there is enough ice at rollaway bay to get out around the point. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 19, 2014, 06:33 PM »
I bet he would change his tune if ya left him a case of PBR or Natural Ice. Guy is a pain. :-\

Natty ice eh? Are you trying to get him off your back or pizz him off even more?  ;D

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #36 on: Dec 19, 2014, 06:51 PM »
Just wondering if there is enough ice at rollaway bay to get out around the point. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

You walking or driving a pick up?   ;)  Only you can answer that question, for sure.  Lots of info on here about the ice conditions on Black Lake.

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #37 on: Dec 19, 2014, 07:00 PM »
You walking or driving a pick up?   ;)  Only you can answer that question, for sure.  Lots of info on here about the ice conditions on Black Lake.

You always have your work cut out for you don't you FFP. I live 6 hours away and bet I can tell what kind of ice rollaway has right now!
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #38 on: Dec 19, 2014, 07:06 PM »
You always have your work cut out for you don't you FFP. I live 6 hours away and bet I can tell what kind of ice rollaway has right now!
 ::)

;D  @)  Not work - fun.  ;D

Offline travis9791

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 19, 2014, 07:32 PM »
I will be walking. There will be four of us total. I have read pretty thoroughly threw all black lake threads before posting. If i missed something it wasn't from lack of effort. I know chapmans has 5 inches not sure what that means for rollaway bay. I also read that you were fishing on 6" of ice today fishforpike but you didn't say where. I appreciate the info. We came up early ice last year to rollaway bay and the ice wasn't good enough to get around the point, and fishing was poor. If that was the case this year i would consider fishing in front of chapmans. I have never fished that area. I will be coming up tomorrow am with safety gear and spud bar to do my own legwork just thought i might be able to save myself a trip in the wrong direction. I will give an ice report tomorrow evening when i get back. :tipup: :tipup:

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #40 on: Dec 19, 2014, 08:11 PM »
travis - this is a BS thread and there is a reports and conditions and there is the ability to PM.  Some folks don't like giving info to the general members but will give their best to those that ask in a more personal way.  I can tell you, same as Chapman that folks have been fishing all around the lake.  Go to Rollaway, if you are alone, I will be really surprised.  Stay away from that point as you leave the bay.  It's a place/spot of current.  Have a good time and I hope you hit 'em good.

Phil

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Dec 19, 2014, 08:16 PM »
Yeah. I called Chapman's today before people started reporting on here and the woman I talked to couldn't have been nicer. Told me everything I wanted to know. Gotta love the local bait shops and I'll definitely go a bit out of my way to give them some business.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 19, 2014, 09:42 PM »
;D  @)  Not work - fun.  ;D

Where's all the fish my man?

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #43 on: Dec 20, 2014, 04:50 AM »
Where's all the fish my man?
Most of them are in the lake.  ;D

Offline thinktwicez71

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Dec 20, 2014, 06:21 AM »
 :woot: :thumbsup: haha

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #45 on: Dec 20, 2014, 10:18 AM »
In fact, I noticed Phil responds to almost all questions with a smile. Strange eh? It couldn't be that he is that much better a fisherman than me could it?  Phil who? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Boggey - you are a genuine ice-fisher.  Better?  That word's not in my vocabulary when it comes to describing one individual over another.  ;D  We'll see who is "better" when the tables are turned and we re-unite on the Pond.   :P  I think I need a few lessons in "yellow" perch fishing.  @)

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #46 on: Dec 20, 2014, 05:50 PM »
Got out again this afternoon - trying the late bite.  Picked up a few decent crappie.  Here's the best of the afternoon.

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All I need is a big Bull gill and Im set
« Reply #47 on: Dec 20, 2014, 06:18 PM »
that;s a nice crappie good sir. how long was that fine specimen??
That's a Bluegill, no that's a Sunfish...I've heard it both ways!!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #48 on: Dec 20, 2014, 06:35 PM »

Don't know - it just fit in the frypan  @)

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Dec 20, 2014, 06:54 PM »

I'll give him 14" on that one. Nice Strawberry FishForPike and that would mean you have one big frying pan!!

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #50 on: Dec 20, 2014, 07:59 PM »
I'll give him 14" on that one. Nice Strawberry FishForPike and that would mean you have one big frying pan!!
Sorry - meant to include that the afternoon outing was with a couple of buds.  The fish is not mine and neither is that PIC of me.

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Dec 20, 2014, 08:57 PM »
Don't know - it just fit in the frypan  @)
haha indubitably

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Dec 20, 2014, 10:06 PM »
That's a nice speck FFP! Keep after 'em guys!
It'll eat.

Offline ChiefCatchemall

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 20, 2014, 10:13 PM »
Got this on my first drop of the ice fishing season.Last Friday 12/12. Good way to start the season. First black Lake walleye through the ice..it was nice being the only ones around as far as the eye could see.

It'll eat.

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Dec 20, 2014, 10:44 PM »
Sorry - meant to include that the afternoon outing was with a couple of buds.  The fish is not mine and neither is that PIC of me.

Then congrads to your Bud and I'm guessing you did pretty well yourself. Just envious-cya....

Offline Gillpill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 20, 2014, 10:44 PM »
awesome walleye man!!!!!!!

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Dec 21, 2014, 03:07 AM »
 :thumbsup:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #57 on: Dec 21, 2014, 06:14 AM »
Phil, tell your pal Jim (shown in picture) nice fish and wonder if he is going to add insult to injury by telling me he used that Thomas spoon I gave him  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
;D  Nope, think he was using that other "top secret" lure you gave him.  At least he told me it came from you!  @)

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Dec 21, 2014, 07:18 AM »
Got this on my first drop of the ice fishing season.Last Friday 12/12. Good way to start the season. First black Lake walleye through the ice..it was nice being the only ones around as far as the eye could see.

Well done Cheif! That is a great way to start the season.

Offline the Wizard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Dec 21, 2014, 07:35 AM »
Nice job Chief, I see your sled has adequate tackle for a day of fishing.     :thumbsup: :whistle:
If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. – Thomas Jefferson

Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry. – Thomas Jefferson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.