The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Replacement Canvas  (Read 1642 times)

Offline RednckFishn

• IceShanty Rookie
Replacement Canvas
« on: Dec 09, 2014, 08:35 PM »
i have an old ice shanty and its canvas in now its starting to look like a patchwork blanket. id like to find a place to replace it.. i have no info on the shack

Offline upnortfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Replacement Canvas
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2014, 10:12 PM »
I would search internet for canvas shops in your area. I know here in Wausau we have a guy that specializes in boat covers but will take on custom jobs such as this and his prices are reasonable, probably not in the realm of less than a new shanty of similar size however. Not sure what kind of budget you have for this but the only other alternative I can think of is to find material either on-line or at local fabric shops and do the fitting and sewing yourself.

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2014, 09:16 AM »
Be careful because unless you really like it the price to have a new canvas custome made might be close to the same price to just buy a new shack.

Offline KQ700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2014, 10:50 AM »
Check with Auto Top Shop in Eau Claire, but mite cost more than a new. There is a lot of really nice ones around fro sale. If you are on Face Book, there's a page on there called, Ice Fishing For Sale Or Trade. I've seen almost new shacks go for less than half of what they sell for new, like Otter Lodges for 300.00- 350.00.
A Bad Day Fishing Is Better Than A Good Day At Work
Member of FLW & B.A.S.S.

Offline donzov

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2014, 11:05 PM »
Camper and recreation on hi way 98 between loyal and spencer.
I'm in Neillsville and I've discovered that there isn't much that the Amish can't do, There's an Amish guy south of  the airport here who does canvas work. Ask around Augusta, I'll bet there's some one over there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.