The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Strikemaster Chipper Lite?  (Read 609 times)

Offline icefishingluva

• Team IceShanty Regular
Strikemaster Chipper Lite?
« on: Dec 09, 2014, 12:26 PM »
Hey everyone!

So already getting prepared for next years big purchases (go figure  ::) ), I see that SM came out with a Chipper Lite.  It is a horse and half, and has the chipper style blade, which i really like.  I have a 4 year old (I think) Strikemaster Strikelite II 4 stroke that has the shaver style head, and man does that thing chew up blades.  Last year I went through 3 sets, and at 40 dollars a pop, that adds up quickly!  Granted I drill a ton of holes per outing plus in SD we have a lot of sand and debris in our ice, but I think the chipper would still be better in the long haul.  The question I have is that it only comes in 8.25 inches and 10.25 inches model.  If possible I would've liked to get a 6 for crappies and gills and then the 8 or 8.25 for perch and eyes.  Does anyone know why they don't offer the smaller bits like other brands?  And does anyone know if they would possibly come out with some next year? 

Thanks!
Let's fish it.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
Re: Strikemaster Chipper Lite?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2014, 09:23 PM »
Nothing for strikemaster chippers smaller than 8.25. Instead of dropping 40 bucks a set find someone who can re sharpen them. I keep a fresh set in the truck at all times

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.