The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Possible good ice jig  (Read 671 times)

Offline percheater

• IceShanty Rookie
Possible good ice jig
« on: Dec 09, 2014, 08:31 AM »
This year during open water I had great luck and fun with a rubber bait made by River 2 Seas. Caught many bass bluegills perch and crappie on them. They are a very realistic craw fish already rigged with a single hook. They have a weight built into them and you can pump them. There are many sizes too. I was using their small size for bluegills, which i thought was still too big but they sucked it right in all the way. The only draw back was the soft claws got ripprd off after a bit and these are a bit pricey. The bait is called a Yammie! Cant wait to see if they will catch thru the ice. Will post after i get the chance to fish em.
Gary Owen

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Possible good ice jig
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2014, 05:09 PM »
This year during open water I had great luck and fun with a rubber bait made by River 2 Seas. Caught many bass bluegills perch and crappie on them. They are a very realistic craw fish already rigged with a single hook. They have a weight built into them and you can pump them. There are many sizes too. I was using their small size for bluegills, which i thought was still too big but they sucked it right in all the way. The only draw back was the soft claws got ripprd off after a bit and these are a bit pricey. The bait is called a Yammie! Cant wait to see if they will catch thru the ice. Will post after i get the chance to fish em.

Please keep us posted ! I'm always a sucker for a new lure ,they always catch more fishermen than fish ! ;D

Offline percheater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2014, 05:17 AM »
Yeah I hear ya. Sometimes I think that I singlehandedly keep the lure guys in bussiness. I carry three tackle boxes in the x67c bag. Also am still buying them too, gonna invest in some custom jigs and spins slender spoons this season and see what they will do.
Gary Owen

Offline tracker one

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if you ain't gonna eat em,throw em back
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2014, 06:19 AM »
I still have lures and plastics in the original packages from 2 years ago I haven't even opened yet,and I still bought new ones.Please support your local tackle shop!

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2014, 08:42 PM »
I still have lures and plastics in the original packages from 2 years ago I haven't even opened yet,and I still bought new ones.Please support your local tackle shop!

Me too Frank me too. Lol.
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline percheater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2014, 05:42 AM »
The first year I had them I didn't try them much but this year when things got tough I did and am glad. From otter Creek, Bristol pond, chittenden dam and numerous small ponds they caught good fish when nothing else I tried worked. East creek was great and some real niceLM. If we ever get good ice, this snow wont help, i will try them. Also the water clarity needs to be pretty good and i always use some smelly jelly (just me but i like the stuff).
Gary Owen

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.