The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hope to get out this weekend!  (Read 2496 times)

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
Hope to get out this weekend!
« on: Dec 08, 2014, 05:28 PM »
Crew change on Wednesday in sunny Porto Ferro, Brazil. ;D   Weather and jet lag permitting I may try to get out on Friday morning. Anyone have any suggestions? At the very least I hope to be on the ice this weekend after a quick trip up north to Minot to visit family.

UPDATE

Sorry guys, I lied to you! :-\ Found out today that it will be a helicopter ride into Cabo Frio, Brazil tomorrow then a 2 1/2 hour bus ride to Rio.  ;D

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hope to get out this weekend!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2014, 11:25 PM »
Fished Darling last week, got out a bit late but caught the tail end of the morning bite. Ended up missing a few and taking home 6 nice perch. I was told that from 2-430 people have been getting their limits. We did the best on a bright orange jig tipped with a minnow head. Also 11in of ice all the way up to 5 miles N of landing 3. Goodluck and let me know if you have any questions. Oh and also head the afternoon, night bite on audubon has been good.
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Offline NodakBuckeye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2014, 11:50 PM »
Fished Sunday am, slow with 3 fish brought back for 3 guys west of Tobacco Garden.  Doesn't look like I will be out again until 2015.  Ice was around 10" with the village on ice growing and some driving larger pickups out.  Seemed a bit sketchy to us.

Offline dirtymike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2014, 10:09 AM »
You missed a very good bite on Audubon last week.  They are now kinda dispersed and seem very finicky.  Some of the smaller lakes down by Napoleon have been doing pretty well.  I'll be out this weekend in search of the elusive perch.  We'll see how it works out. 

Crew change on Wednesday in sunny Porto Ferro, Brazil. ;D   Weather and jet lag permitting I may try to get out on Friday morning. Anyone have any suggestions? At the very least I hope to be on the ice this weekend after a quick trip up north to Minot to visit family.

UPDATE

Sorry guys, I lied to you! :-\ Found out today that it will be a helicopter ride into Cabo Frio, Brazil tomorrow then a 2 1/2 hour bus ride to Rio.  ;D

Offline Bengals1013

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2014, 12:12 PM »
I fished West lake by Napoleon last Saturday, ran into some northerns but not one perch at all.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2014, 12:56 PM »
Sitting in the Rio De Janeiro airport.  Hope to be on the ice in about 48 hours.

Offline JIMC_ND

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2014, 05:23 PM »
Lots of Minot guys running over to fish Lake Irvin. Nice 18" walleyes are being caught pretty steady...

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

Offline dirtymike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2014, 11:09 AM »
Lots of Minot guys running over to fish Lake Irvin. Nice 18" walleyes are being caught pretty steady...

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

I'm free this weekend, Jim!  I'd really enjoy picking your brain on some open water tactics as well.

Offline bmiller423

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2014, 11:57 AM »
We hit a bunch of small lakes east of Bismarck last weekend.  Ended up with 6 keeper walleye (one was marginal but it inhaled the jiggin rap and wasn't going to make it).  Won't be out this weekend but the weekend of the 20-21st i'll be out.  Hope to wack a few for the Christmas Eve Fish Taco feast!

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2014, 05:37 PM »
I'm home!  and plans have changed :-\ Won't be able to get out until Tuesday at the earliest.

Offline NodakBuckeye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2014, 08:09 PM »
I have found that the surest way for me to not go ice fishing is to make plans to go ice fishing...

Offline dirtymike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2014, 10:01 AM »
I have found that the surest way for me to not go ice fishing is to make plans to go ice fishing...

Or tell the wife that I'm going to go ice fishing. 

Offline bmiller423

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2014, 11:47 AM »
Leaving work at 3:00 today.  Gonna fish until tomorrow morning.  Have to be in Fargo tomorrow unfortunately. 

Offline NodakBuckeye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2014, 07:20 PM »
Or tell the wife that I'm going to go ice fishing.

Yeah that too, though mine is pretty good at letting me get out when I can.

Offline dirtymike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2014, 04:10 PM »
It's nice to have a permanent that I can take the wife to.  She watches movies all day and I go exploring around the lake.  That and she likes chasing rattle reels!

Offline NodakBuckeye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2014, 08:40 PM »
So you have an Icefishhousewife?  Very nice!  Mine, and all 3 kids have pledged to go now that I have a shelter and a heater.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.