The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Scheels in GF  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
Scheels in GF
« on: Dec 07, 2014, 05:13 PM »
Hey guys.  Hoping you can help me out a little.  I am running into GF on Friday and was wondering how the ice fishing selection at Scheels in GF is this year?  I have a few items in mind but the website doesn't indicate stock levels in the stores.  I'll probably give the store a call in the morning to check on a few items.

Thanks

Offline schmidty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice is nice
Re: Scheels in GF
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2014, 08:12 PM »
It's pretty good...although I'd have to say Cabelas has a bigger selection.  I was there on Friday and I don't recall seeing any empty spots.  So, if it's something they normally stock I'd say it should be there.

I work near GF everyday.  If you want me to do a scouting run for you, send me a list of what you are looking for.  I'm always looking for an excuse to go to Scheels.  ;)2

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2014, 09:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  A couple things I would be interested in are perch talkers, trophy angler flasher bag, clam bomb possibly.  I already have an order shipping to my door from Sportsman's and another to confirm with Glenn's tomorrow.  If Glenn's can't have it shipped to the border by Friday than I will be looking for a few more things at Scheels.  I am sure I will find myself at Cabela's as well.

Any other stores worth a look?  I wish GF had a FF as I have never been but have seen some good items before.

Offline schmidty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice is nice
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2014, 09:54 PM »
I know they had some perch talkers, because I bought a couple.  And I believe I saw some Clam bombs...can't remember for sure if I saw them at Scheels or Cabelas.  I assume they both will have them.  I'll swing by Scheels this week and check on the flasher bag and make sure they aren't sold out of the other items.  If you end up having a longer list, feel free to PM me or email me.  (I think my email is visible to other members on my profile page?)

Yes, I too wish we had a FF.  Whenever I go to Fargo I always stop by there.  One more place you could add to your list is Home of Economy.  A smaller selection than either of the other two, but worth a look if you have some spare time. 

Also, the Walmart on 32nd Ave has a pretty decent open water fishing section.  But I've never been there during the winter to see if they bring out ice fishing gear.  The fishing section in the new Walmart (Highway 2) is much smaller than the south store.

Offline schmidty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice is nice
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2014, 08:54 PM »
Stopped at Scheels tonight.  They had 5-6 different styles of Perch Talkers and 2 Trophy Angler flasher bags on the shelf.  They had a Clam display out front with some Bombs and other Clam lures.  I was also at Cabelas and they have the Bombs on sale. ($3.35 if I remember correctly)  The Bombs at Scheels were all the smaller sizes; Cabelas had some of the bigger ones.

For any Northland fans out there; Scheels has all of them 20% off.  And they are blowing out some Northland lures, too.  It's mostly Macho Minnows and Forage Minnow spoons and jigs.  They are all about 50% off + the 20% Northland sale discount.

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2014, 10:38 PM »
Thank you.  I made it in today, got my package from Glen's and then spent most of my time and money at Scheels.  Only things I picked up at Cabelas were Clam bomb and some plastics otherwise everything else was 10 - 20% more expensive than Scheels.

Stocked up on Northland from Scheels, regular price was good + additional 20% = fantastic.  Thanks again!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.