Author Topic: Red River update  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Steven_Polaris

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GEMME WALLEYE
Red River update
« on: Dec 05, 2014, 01:07 PM »
Hey guys, I went out on the Red next to my house and I went out around 30 yards, every 10 yards I drilled a hole and the ice was a good solid 9-11 inch. I went just south of the BDI bridge. Just wanted to give a heads up. Just because it's 10 inch their doesn't mean it's everywhere. Didn't get a chance to drop on line, but will update when I caught.

Remember be careful!
"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work"

Offline Steven_Polaris

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GEMME WALLEYE
Re: Red River update
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2014, 12:06 AM »
I went back out and drilled about 25 holes and consistent 9-11 inch of ice, I fished for about 45 min and saw one nice mark come off the bottom but no bite... What have you guys been using? More jigs or more noise makers like the baitball or clack n rap? I didn't make it to the middle I fished about 50 yards out in 11 feet of water.

Offline Steven_Polaris

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GEMME WALLEYE
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2014, 04:36 PM »

Offline woodbine

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2014, 06:43 AM »
5 of us were out on Saturday south of doc. reeds Fished from 8 am to 4 pm caught 7 greens biggest was 23 in. and more saugers than I can count ice was 12 to14 in. their was a black dodge truck that went by us towing a shack he must have been doing 70k when they came back without the shack I guessing they were do 90k the water was sure coming up the hole not something I would be doing this early in the season 

Offline Steven_Polaris

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GEMME WALLEYE
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2014, 10:19 AM »
5 of us were out on Saturday south of doc. reeds Fished from 8 am to 4 pm caught 7 greens biggest was 23 in. and more saugers than I can count ice was 12 to14 in. their was a black dodge truck that went by us towing a shack he must have been doing 70k when they came back without the shack I guessing they were do 90k the water was sure coming up the hole not something I would be doing this early in the season

Where did you go? South of the doc?

Offline woodbine

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2014, 11:23 AM »
we were at the old mill stream

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.