Author Topic: Early season garbage  (Read 1078 times)

Offline daddybuckmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
Early season garbage
« on: Dec 05, 2014, 12:10 PM »
I can;t believe the amount of garbage already on the ice and the season has just started.I was at lock port today across from cats on the red,and the amount of garbage i picked up already is sick.We all have to do our part and take our garbage with us.You don't leave garbage lying around your house so please don't leave it on the ice. 3 of us fished 3 hours caught 25-30 fish 4 nice green backs.

Offline Bowkes

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Early season garbage
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2014, 01:04 PM »
Completely agree pick up after yourself people. Be it winter time on the ice or summer time off the shore. Its gross how much garbage is left behind. I always seem to leave with a bag full of garbage from other people. Take care of the places you have.

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2014, 02:19 PM »
They just need to get firm with the policies ! Take the shack off , HUGE fines for those who litter and get the message across that it isn't acceptable . Makes everyone look bad   >:(
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

Offline Swayze

• IceShanty Rookie
  • me like fish
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2014, 02:53 PM »
I agree, there are not enough people getting fined for littering I guess.  It is totally sickening that peoe have so little disrespect!!!  ???  ???
Swayze

Offline Bowkes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2014, 03:10 PM »
They just need to get firm with the policies ! Take the shack off , HUGE fines for those who litter and get the message across that it isn't acceptable . Makes everyone look bad   >:(

The tough part is you can't have your staff everywhere to monitor everyone making sure they are cleaning up after themselves. We shouldn't need babysitters out on the ice. I hate seeing someone set up with a pop tent close when they leave seeing the beer/pop cans, empty minoe contains and other crap all over. I have no problem calling someone out either if I see it happen. Always try to leave it better then when I got there.

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2014, 06:32 PM »
The tough part is you can't have your staff everywhere to monitor everyone making sure they are cleaning up after themselves. We shouldn't need babysitters out on the ice. I hate seeing someone set up with a pop tent close when they leave seeing the beer/pop cans, empty minoe contains and other crap all over. I have no problem calling someone out either if I see it happen. Always try to leave it better then when I got there.

Maybe if they posted signs in the popular areas stating that fines would be given for those who leave there crap on the ice ......might make a few think . but I have seen them shove there empty containers into there holes so leaving and looking sometimes have the same results ..............it's a mind set !  as you said leave it the way you found it .
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

Offline Andre1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2014, 08:24 PM »
No amount of education or enlightenment will make a difference!  EVERYONE knows not to litter!  EVERYONE!  However, the lazy, dirty ***** who do litter don't give a rat's rear end about our environment.  There are people who come across as the nicest, most genuine folks you'll ever meet.  Put them outdoors trying to get a deer or catch fish and they become total and complete ******.  Poachers, litterers, drunken drivers; these people do it all.  It's disgusting.

A Selkirk officer checked some anglers in a shelter today.  There were Corona beer caps on the ice inside the shelter.  No Corona bottles anywhere.  They yahoos had pushed the bottles down the holes.

How about cigarette butts?  How many smokers put their cig butts in containers and take them off the ice when they're done fishing?  Some do but not many.

With respect to ticketing litters, I've mentioned many times.  Littering is a very difficult charge to lay against an individual simply because items are not littering until or unless officers can prove that whoever placed the item on the ground or ice,  is intending to leave the item.  A pile of garbage on the ice beside an angler until that angler packs and leaves without picking up his garbage.  That pile can stay in that place for hours.  Officers are very seldom able to keep a person or area under surveillance for hours on end.  Something usually happens that results in the officer having to abandon surveillance and attend to a complaint or other issue.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.