Author Topic: Proof Of Ice!  (Read 892 times)

Offline S.M.05

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 6 days of work, 1 day of trout.
Proof Of Ice!
« on: Dec 01, 2014, 08:49 PM »
Lakes........ I have captured your trout!

Once proof of ice has been established negotiations and a rescue mission is set forth to find the trout.

Once the trout are located a communications tower is set up on 4”s of ice next to the 2” border.

Negotiations start by using worms and shiny golden objects, with gold being the ticket this day.
Several splake are rescued although there are 2 lost on the worms.

With the temperature rising the 4” of ice has become saturated with water and I have to retreat from base camp.

But not before one last daring rescue.

Once these trout have returned home a welcome back meal is prepared using only the finest cedar.

Hope you enjoyed the show ::) ;D ;D.

A word on the ice conditions.
Crappy and getting worse as the temps and rain set in. >:(To be honest if there had of been snow covering the ice I would have just gone home as I would not have been able to see the 5% of the lake that had thick enough ice.

Early season- Tie off , stay shallow and spud your way out!

All splake caught in less than 5 feet off water.
If you cant ride it, drink it or bring home it to bed, it aint worth having!

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Proof Of Ice!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2014, 08:56 PM »
Nice job! Can't wait to get out, but still a couple weeks away around here.
@jzuliniak

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2014, 03:16 PM »
The trout whisperer has awaken. 

I've never caught a splake in less than 5' of water. Was this because you were restricted to a certain area of the lake due to ice conditions or do you target them this shallow?

Anyways beauty trout Mike!! Hope this isn't a random report, looking forward to seeing some of those brookies ;)

Andrew
Andrew

Offline S.M.05

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 6 days of work, 1 day of trout.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2014, 07:37 PM »
The trout whisperer has awaken. 

I've never caught a splake in less than 5' of water. Was this because you were restricted to a certain area of the lake due to ice conditions or do you target them this shallow?

Anyways beauty trout Mike!! Hope this isn't a random report, looking forward to seeing some of those brookies ;)

Andrew
Thanks Andrew

Usually fish them 10'-20' and suspended, but this lake bottle necks into big weed bed bay(buffet) and they follow the shoreline in and out of it all day.
That being said with better ice and I would have had my holes in 5' for my set line and 10'-15' jiggn.

Sent the spoon down right after catching that last one in hopes of another and a big buck hit. Peeled line so hard I thought the rod was gonna snap. Watched through the clear ice as it jetted past the hole an spit the hook. :P   Checked my hook after and sticky sharp. Amazing how tuff those kyped lips are.

Hope to get a few more reports up this season but its gonna be a short one, double surgeries come Feb. Hernia and carpel tunnel so nothing major but a few months no fishing.

I'll do my best on those brookies. Maybe catch up with ya on a lake sometime this season.
If you cant ride it, drink it or bring home it to bed, it aint worth having!

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2014, 10:22 PM »
Tried 3 times this fall for a male but no dice, my brother really wanted to see a big tangerine belly. Surgery sucks but will ensure a healthy start on the trout hunt when your feeling better. Great report and thanks for the proof. All the best man!

:tipup:
Andrew

Offline jighead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2014, 12:43 PM »
That fish looks absolutely delicious...awesome catch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.