Author Topic: Best Ice Fishing Boots?  (Read 677 times)

Offline MarshallPrime

• IceShanty Rookie
Best Ice Fishing Boots?
« on: Nov 27, 2014, 07:22 PM »
So are the mickey mouse boots (i dont know them by any other name) the best ones out there for a decent price?  Also, since travel tender is out of business, i dont know where to find them anymore.  I can order online but would like to try them on for size.
thanks for the tips.

Offline bigfish54

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I live for this!!!!!
Re: Best Ice Fishing Boots?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2014, 07:35 PM »
Last I checked on these they had them on EBay,Amazon and colemans army surplus online.Unfortunately I don't know where to buy them other than online, you could try contacting a army navy surplus store In your area and I think they are also known by US GI extreme cold weather boots. I hope this helps a little ,good luck and tight lines :icefish:

Offline Musky50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2014, 07:36 PM »
I have a pair of Extreme Pac boots I purchased from Cabelas a few years ago. An added bonus is the 'pocket' in the liner for a toe warmer packet. This offers lots of flexibility depending upon the weather. Not cheap, but great quality for the money.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2014, 08:00 PM »
So are the mickey mouse boots (i dont know them by any other name) the best ones out there for a decent price?  Also, since travel tender is out of business, i dont know where to find them anymore.  I can order online but would like to try them on for size.
thanks for the tips.

You want the BATA brand if you are going to by mickeys.  Larger foot sizes 10 and up are becoming hard to find since they have not been made for 30 years.  If you can find your size and can get an unused new pair the only drawback is the weight.  They are heavier than most other boots, but are warm, waterproof, easy to get on and off and last forever if taken care of.   I have been wearing the same pair for 20+ years.  Pretty good ROI on the 30.00 or so I paid for them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.