Author Topic: who is itching to get out I know I am  (Read 1033 times)

Offline gooner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • stay warm, safe and tight lines
who is itching to get out I know I am
« on: Nov 25, 2014, 07:10 PM »
Can't wait to get out on the hard water
Tight lines and big fish

Offline ryanlookingforperch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: who is itching to get out I know I am
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2014, 07:36 PM »
Today made trip number 6 for me.

Whoop whoop!

I'm bei g careful, not venturing too far. And sticking to familiar paths.

Good luck when you get out Shotgun!

Good fishin'!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Offline Mattpreat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2014, 08:09 PM »
Thursday will be my third trip. I'm more just waiting for thicker ice so people feel safe coming with me! All my friends and family refuse to come ice fishing when I tell them I can hear the ice pop and crack as your walking on it. Its a bit weird really and creeps me out, but I've heard people say noisy ice is better so I've kept on fishing it without problems. This early season stuff is the best, not near as many people out on the lakes as there is in the middle of winter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2014, 08:17 PM »
Just why I like the early ice as well Mattpreat.

Good fishin'!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Offline swampy45

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • going for the record books
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2014, 08:33 PM »
Tomorrow morning will be trip number 5!  Stoked.
coffee- do stupid things faster, with more energy.

Offline clayton

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't Litter Or I'll Know Where You Fish
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2014, 09:16 PM »
Tomorrow is 5 for me as well 😄 hopefully with better luck.
Don't Litter Or I'll Know Where You Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2014, 09:23 PM »
I feel it in my tip up fingers.

Claytons 20lb+ is tomorrow!

Good fishin'!

Offline swampy45

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • going for the record books
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2014, 11:30 PM »
I'm gonna break 35 pounds this winter.  I just have too.  So close to that record... :wacko:
coffee- do stupid things faster, with more energy.

Offline HWK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2014, 07:14 AM »
Thursday will be my third trip. I'm more just waiting for thicker ice so people feel safe coming with me! All my friends and family refuse to come ice fishing when I tell them I can hear the ice pop and crack as your walking on it. Its a bit weird really and creeps me out, but I've heard people say noisy ice is better so I've kept on fishing it without problems. This early season stuff is the best, not near as many people out on the lakes as there is in the middle of winter

I'm too chicken to get out REAL early, but i wear noise-cancelling headphones in the mid-season so i don't have to hear people's crappy stories when they land 2ft from my shack...

Offline GETFSHN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2014, 02:39 PM »
The ice where my buddy and I was turned out to be afoot to 14 in thick so I drove on and by the time I got to where some guy was with his argo he'd already caught I figured 8 trout. So he was telling us the ice was only 5 inches thick where my truck was. So we punched 4 holes and all were over 10 inches thick so no worries with the truck. Hell because of gas prices going down I filled up my slip tank with 450 lit. of gas and still drove on 12 inches of ice. We got out 10 trout threw a few 12 in. back and had a great day.
Fishing is an attitude especially when you have a 112 lb. halibut at the other end of the line two hundred feet down!

There was never a fish hatched I couldn't outsmart.

Offline GETFSHN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08, 2014, 02:04 PM »
Does anyone know how thick the ice is at Brownlows? and is the limit of 3 still the same.
Fishing is an attitude especially when you have a 112 lb. halibut at the other end of the line two hundred feet down!

Offline GETFSHN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2014, 08:49 PM »
It just seems NO one wishes to respond to any inquires as to ice thickness OR how to post an avatar or change an avatar so perhaps you have lost another fisherman on your web page. sonnysfishingfriends.c a

Offline oldcountry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2014, 09:48 PM »
It just seems NO one wishes to respond to any inquires as to ice thickness OR how to post an avatar or change an avatar so perhaps you have lost another fisherman on your web page. sonnysfishingfriends.c a
Not sure what you expect there bud. Sorry you are frustrated but, this is a community. There is no one out there checking lakes on iceshanty payroll so the onus is on you.
Go check out this brownlows you speak of and leave a report in the ice updates thread for all of us instead.
Is it stocked with trout by ACA or the ESRD? If so the limit should be 5, but check your regs.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 08, 2014, 10:04 PM »
I'm itching to get back out.

I wanted to get to Gull for opening day.

Can't wait til my little pink eye spreader is not contagious. I'm at home with him until then.

Good fishin!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.