Author Topic: Illinois Board meet and greet any one?  (Read 5071 times)

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Illinois Board meet and greet any one?
« on: Nov 24, 2014, 07:19 AM »
Hi all, it's nice to see a little action on the Ill board!  Curious if any one would be interested in having a meet and greet? Let me know if your interested and if you have any ideas for a meeting place.  I thought maybe some place 1/2 way between Springfield and IL/Wis. border or what ever area we get the most response from.  I am in Marshall County but don't mind a good road trip.

Look forward to hearing from some fellow ice fishing addicts. ;D

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Illinois Board meet and greet any one?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2014, 11:20 AM »
evergreen lake might be a good place. 

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2014, 02:32 PM »
Given no ice how about a restaurant/bar?  Maybe a  lil swapping of excesses etc.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline DaleL57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2014, 06:04 PM »
Count me in. Can't wait to get started fishing. Maybe talking about it will help alittle.

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2014, 07:05 AM »
Evergreen would be nice place to meet when we get ice.  Would be fun to have a group of guys out on the ice.  Party on the ice!

Blufloyd,  you have a good idea.  I don't usually part with many things but I am always looking to add more to the collection.

Any one have any ideas on a place we could meet?  I have a place near me we could probably meet.  It's a restuarant/bar/bowling alley they have plenty of room.  It's more of a Supper Club type place.  We would have to get a general head count and a date so I could contact them.  If any one else has any ideas of a location throw it out, we can always put it out for a vote.

Offline DaWakoKid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2014, 09:45 AM »
I'd be in for a little meet and greet somewhere near Blo/No. Green Gables is a great spot for a burger and a beer, especially during the week, and not far from Evergreen. Lunkers in Uptown Normal is one of my favorite spots for a relatively quiet beer, especially when the college kids are gone.

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2014, 11:09 AM »
Hi all, it's nice to see a little action on the Ill board!  Curious if any one would be interested in having a meet and greet? Let me know if your interested and if you have any ideas for a meeting place.  I thought maybe some place 1/2 way between Springfield and IL/Wis. border or what ever area we get the most response from.  I am in Marshall County but don't mind a good road trip.

Look forward to hearing from some fellow ice fishing addicts. ;D

That is a 214 mile stretch. Half way would be the Lostant exit on Int 39,where Bullheads happens to be located ( and reopened again). It is also one exit off my place. With that said, I like the idea.

As long as the date is good, I am in. Anywhere along Int 39 is a good for me. Normal to Rockford  is a good boundary.

I would also be interested in an Evergreen outing,later in the season.

If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline ilarcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2014, 09:07 AM »
I'm game. I would rather meet on the ice somewhere.  I'm in the Blm/Normal area. Evergreen would be a nice place to meet but it takes awhile to get safe ice on evergreen.  Shabbona is a good place too. I fish Dawson Lake in mclean county a lot only cause its close and gets safe ice pretty fast with cold temps. I always open to fish new waters and a road trip.
Outdoor nut. Love to hunt, fish, camp.

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2014, 11:51 AM »
Well...looks like it's gonna be awhile before we have ice at least in Central IL, so I am thinking of meeting somewhere before ice.  Bullshead sounds fine to me, not for sure what the layout is. Been so long since I was in the place.  The place I was thinking of is Club LaCon in Lacon.  They have a meeting/banquet area.  We would be out of the way with plenty of room.  Not too far off 39 either around 20 miles.  Wherever we decide to meet how does the afternoon or evening of Dec. 13th or 20th sound?

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2014, 12:30 AM »
13th out betting parties be in way later.  Surprised Bosco didn't serve up Smitty's or whatever in big town of Leonore.  World famous.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2014, 06:50 AM »
Hi all.  Just wondered if the few of you who showed interest are still interested in a get together or if it was preferred to wait till we have ice?  I am game to meet up most any time or place.

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2014, 08:37 PM »
I'd meet. I'm in Morrison and don't travel very far. But if gas prices keep dropping then I'm more likely to drive somewhere different.
jbird68

Offline 82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2014, 06:41 AM »
I would like to come to a meet, but would prefer to do it on ice.

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2014, 10:51 AM »
Another place is Shabbona Lake. They have facilities for some food and drinks, bait shop and some nice fishing right outside of the restaurant.

I am remaining hopeful that I can go pick up Blu for this event.
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline jackpine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2014, 10:10 PM »
If Blu's there I'm there.

Fran
Keep Your Auger Sharp

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 06, 2014, 03:39 AM »
Shabbona sounds like a good place to meet up. About an 80 mile drive for me but what the hell ...

Poorboy

Offline DaWakoKid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2014, 07:17 PM »
I could get up to Shabby sometime after the new year.

Offline Oneicehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 07, 2014, 11:09 PM »
Shabby would work.
JKL "just keep livin"

Offline chopstyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2015, 12:39 PM »
 Shabby is fine , Pick A Date ?
If you count holes, YOU MUST BE A ROOKIE!

Offline Boatback

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2015, 02:24 PM »
Shabby would be great.  Someone pick a date, perhaps Jan 17 or 18.  That should allow time to ice up and plan the trip.

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 03, 2015, 12:23 PM »
Shabbona is a pretty good haul for me but I am game for the experience.  The week or the 17th will NOT work for though.  My sons Pinewood Derby is that Sat and Sun.  The follow weekend would be great.  How does the 24th sound?

Offline teamflannel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 04, 2015, 03:35 AM »
How about meeting at the annual ice fishing derby at Lake Camelot, saw an ad for that in ASO just before the holidays. I think it's just north west of Peoria. The ad said beer and chilli !
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 04, 2015, 08:53 AM »
I vote we stay with Shabbona.  I have fished the Lake Camelot tournament multiple times and I don't feel it would
be a good fit for this get together.

Offline Tubes77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 04, 2015, 02:47 PM »
If there is safe ice on the 17th, I'll load up the crew and come out to Shabby to fish.  Keep us posted.

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 04, 2015, 04:19 PM »
Lets go with the 24th at Shabbona.

How many of you can make it then?  I know it will not work for everyone but hopefully we can get a good group.  I will have a total of 4.

Lets hear from  you all!

Offline xlbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 04, 2015, 04:35 PM »
That date works for me and I'm sure I can get a couple other members out my way to come also. So count me in for at least three people.

Offline DaWakoKid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 04, 2015, 05:46 PM »
Can't make the 17th or 24th or 31st for that matter. Wish I could but have prior commitments every weekend in January. If we can get something together for later in the season, I hope I'll be able to make it. If not a whole-site thing, I'd gladly settle for meeting some of the Central IL members at an area lake. Dawson and Evergreen are close, but I'd drive an hour or so to meet up.

Offline teamflannel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 04, 2015, 09:20 PM »
Yeah
I try to stay south of I80 if at all possible ;D
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 05, 2015, 07:32 AM »
Yeah
I try to stay south of I80 if at all possible ;D
Understandable teamflannel.  The parking at the Camelot Tournament it tough especially if you are trying to hook up with a group. 

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #29 on: Jan 05, 2015, 08:55 PM »
There's always the canal everyone will catch fish although the size aren't much!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.