Author Topic: This Year VS last year....  (Read 476 times)

Offline matfalk

• Team IceShanty Regular
This Year VS last year....
« on: Nov 23, 2014, 02:28 AM »
I've never experienced anything like last year as far as ice fishing in my lifetime.  I was as Summit last year and cut a hole and before I broke through to water the hole was up above my elbow.  I know Summit got a LOT of pressure because of the ice conditions, but I was kinda wondering what to expect for this year.  My buddies and I took a camping trip around the 20th of May, stay for 4 nights, and had trouble catching anything that week.  In all honesty we caught between the three of us 8 fish.  Hitting spots that we've had great success before and just blanking out.  All of us are experience guys that normally couldn't struggle to pull a crappie from a bath tub.  But this year was different.  I don't know if it's because of the extremely clear water or what's going on, but kinda got me worried for this ice season since this is our primary lake.  Maybe I'm just being silly and discouraged.

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: This Year VS last year....
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2014, 09:38 AM »
Not sure as to what has caused that where youre at. Up here In Laporte at pine lake just after ice out we got out In the boat and couldnt believe the  amount of dead fish laying on the bottom. We quit counting around 110.  Weeds of course were non existent.  Some fat red ear and gills just laying there for turtle food

Offline sprkplug

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2014, 12:11 PM »
Morts certainly don't always float. Just my opinion based on personal observations, but for every fish you see floating after a fishkill, I'll bet there's an additional 4-5 that never come to the surface.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2014, 02:00 PM »
One of the lakes that I was fishing at the end of the season had a good hand full of dead ones on the bottom . I was using my cam. to look for fish and kept seeing them down there . In some of the holes I could see 2 or 3 at a time . It also seamed to us that spring fishing was not as good as it should of been . On some of the lakes it was hard to find good weeds and fish were not where we would normally get them .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.