Author Topic: My new toy came today  (Read 1168 times)

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
My new toy came today
« on: Nov 22, 2014, 02:30 PM »
Man I can't wait for thick ice got my new power auger today my strike master died last winter and I have been patiently searching for a new one for the right price and my all year search payed off. I purchased a new jiffy pro4 lite propane and got it for $399.00 and free delivery now just need old man winter to put on his death grip
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: My new toy came today
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2014, 02:47 PM »
I have a pro 4 its not the light model but your going to love the propane no smell starts easy not to noisey and you got it at a good price just make sure when you set it down its in the right position and make others aware of it to thats the only thing that I dont like about it but all In all there a great auger good luck to you this season

Offline jackpine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2014, 09:59 PM »
Man I can't wait for thick ice got my new power auger today my strike master died last winter and I have been patiently searching for a new one for the right price and my all year search payed off. I purchased a new jiffy pro4 lite propane and got it for $399.00 and free delivery now just need old man winter to put on his death grip

Toad, what did you do with the old Strikemaster? Maybe I can give it some mouth to mouth action and get it runnin.

By the way, got 2 Colorpoints now, just love them formthe $$.

Fran
Keep Your Auger Sharp

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2014, 08:50 AM »
It is laying on the shelf in the back of the garage next to the other older on in the strikemaster grave yard
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2014, 03:28 PM »
My new toy arrived on Tuesday.  I put it together and it started right up.  My problem is that the auger continues to turn when the engine is supposed to be in neutral.  There is a 1/4" of slack in the throttle cable before the throttle lever engages.  Is this normal?

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2014, 03:42 PM »
Let it sit outside overnight, then check the slack...outside. You want a bit in there, if it bothers you, adjust it so there's about 1/8" slack. You don't want it ''snug". The turning is sometimes caused because the clutch is not broken in yet, or the idle needs to be turned down a hair. If it's turning very slowly, I'd use it for a while, drill some holes, and if it still does it, adjust the idle AFTER the engine is warmed up and it's outside in cold air. 
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.