The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Cold weather boots  (Read 1160 times)

Offline cootcommander

• IceShanty Rookie
Cold weather boots
« on: Nov 21, 2014, 10:15 PM »
I am looking at buying some new cold weather boots and looking for some advice.  My feet are always cold and my 15 year old pack boots are in dire need of replacing.  What have you guys had good/bad luck with?  I've been seeing good reviews for the Muck Arctic Pros. Any pros/cons with them?

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Cold weather boots
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2014, 10:24 PM »
If you can find them a pair of Bata Bunny boots will keep your feet warm.  I wear the Mickey Mouse boots which aren't as warm but my feet don't normally get cold. The Bunny boots are meant for arctic use where the Mickey Mouse boots are meant for sub-arctic temperatures.  They really do work.  :tipup:

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2014, 05:50 PM »
I've gone through many pairs of boots over the years, and the Muck Arctic Pro's haven't disappointed. When, and if, these wear out I'll be purchasing another pair. Couple them with a pair of Kahtoola microSpikes, and you have some awesome foot gear for ice fishing.

- wyoutdoors  :tipup:

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2014, 08:02 PM »
If you have really cold feet get the Arctic Pro's a full size bigger than normal and wear two pair of wool socks.....

Offline Bengals1013

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2014, 08:54 AM »
I bought a pair of Boggs, awesome boots, feet never get cold or wet.

Offline nodakclam19

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If ya can't catch em, break out the beer.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2014, 03:56 PM »
x3 on the Muck Arctic Pro's. My feet get cold easy so I bought a pair and they are worth every penny.
Fall: Duck/Pheasant/Bow Hunting
Winter: Hardwater Fishing
Spring: Snow Goose Hunting
Summer: Musky/Walleye Fishing

Offline BUSSWAH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I WOULD RATHER WINTER UP NORTH!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2014, 04:58 PM »
For the last 20 years I have been wearing the Sorel pack boots which were advanced technology back then. Now there are many boots that work with the charcoal absorbent pads which wick the moisture away from your feet. It really works and if you're looking for cold weather boots I think you have to find some form of this technology. I just bought these Baffin boots this year. Mostly because they won't let me wear the non-steel toe Sorels anymore at work. But I have spent many days in sub-zero weather with them and never get cold. Although, it is absolutely necesary to pull the liners out at night and let the boot dry out. That moisture that is being pulled away from your foot has to go somewhere and it will saturate the liner eventually, which means wet feet = cold feet. I am trying to find one of those boot dryers.

ttp://www.baffin.com/product-p/polamp01.htm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.