Author Topic: Maple Creek and Maskenthine  (Read 939 times)

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
Maple Creek and Maskenthine
« on: Nov 21, 2014, 10:11 PM »
I was just wanting to know if anyone has been able to check ice conditions?   

Offline Havoc67x

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Maple Creek and Maskenthine
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2014, 10:21 AM »
Have not got up there to check but did u hear how the fishing was this summer? sounds like the walleye r getting decent size.

Offline GrabLifeByTheGills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2014, 11:46 AM »
One of my cousins stopped at Maskinthine yesterday morning said the ice was cracking under his feet. He drilled a hole from the boat ramp and was only 2 1/2"-3".

Offline kylerprochaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2014, 06:24 PM »
Checked maple creek last Tuesday and had 3.5 inches by the boat dock... With this warm weather and the wind I'm guessing it opened back up in areas... Wind knocks the trees into the ice and opens it right back up

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2014, 10:15 AM »
With the weather and next weekend I would assume it will open back up.    I don't typically hear much on either bodies of water during the open water season.

Offline 77tech

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2014, 09:55 PM »
I swung by the hospital lake with a spud last Wednesday night walked out about ten feet and had about 4 inches.  Swung by on my way back to the office this noon 11/24 and there were open spots all over the lake.  I figure hospital lake is smaller and shallower than maple so it should freeze up sooner than maple.  That also may make it open up sooner.  Anyway with the condition of hospital lake I won't even waste my time to go check Maple. 
        Kyler I have a couple of days off mid week the week before Christmas week and the week after don't know what your work schedule is now maybe I'll see you out there again.

Offline kylerprochaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2014, 03:19 AM »
Hope to see you out there too tech, my days off are Sunday's and Monday's through the middle of January

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.