Author Topic: trash  (Read 1936 times)

Offline jbower4940

• IceShanty Rookie
trash
« on: Nov 21, 2014, 05:30 PM »
Made it out on a couple local channels the passed few nights and someone is already leaving trash. About 16 cigarette butts next to two holes. Can't believe it some people have no respect

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
Re: trash
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2014, 05:36 PM »
Did you count them for real?  I could swear I smoked an entire pack.  That would be about 20.......and don't eat the yellow snow!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Retiredbum

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2014, 05:39 PM »
I was once doing a river clean up. A runner on a trail was passing me on a trail' he did not see me, I was in the woods. And guess what.  He chucked a water bottle in the woods and almost hit me.   A lot of people don't respect our  outdoors. It is a shame. Most are good but always have a few.

Offline jbower4940

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2014, 05:40 PM »
Just an uneducated guess. If it was you next time I'll be sure to drill about 30 holes in a circle around you. Lol seriously some people shouldn't reproduce. Doesn't matter that I live on the lake year round and use it all year long shouldn't be trash left at any lake

Offline ryoder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2014, 05:44 PM »
Made it out on a couple local channels the passed few nights and someone is already leaving trash. About 16 cigarette butts next to two holes. Can't believe it some people have no respect

Let's see. First you posted a little over a week ago that people were fishing in kos. County when there was only skim ice on farm ponds and now you start a trash thread. Haha I am going to keep a running total of all the controversial topics you start.  ;D

Only have to post about gravel pits now!

Offline jbower4940

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2014, 05:49 PM »
Guilty conscious Seriously? Do you want me to come to your lake and leave trash all over? Not trying to start anything controversial just venting . And actually there where people fishing a small pond when I posted that . I guess this isn't a forum for talking . Mod you can delete my account now since this is like grade school

Offline ryoder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2014, 06:14 PM »
Guilty conscious Seriously? Do you want me to come to your lake and leave trash all over? Not trying to start anything controversial just venting . And actually there where people fishing a small pond when I posted that . I guess this isn't a forum for talking . Mod you can delete my account now since this is like grade school

I'm just messin man. Don't take things too personally here.

I don't like when guys leave trash on the lake either but it's a battle that will be hard to win. They guys on the forum that know me know that I own lots of lake property. I have seen my fair share of both disrespectful fisherman and homeowners. Only thing I can do is be respectful and lead by example. Cleaning up after others is just one of those things you have to do and understand that you might not get much in return immediately but it will help in the long run

Offline dsqui

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2014, 06:16 PM »
docksiders got closed due to someone falling and suing the owner nothing to do with trash i thought that wat it was too untio i found out different this spring

Offline jbower4940

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2014, 06:22 PM »
Post wasn't knocking anyone I know most all guys on here are probably great people and respectful but there is 100's of lurkers that may just see it and get the hint. Personally if I would have seen it I probably would have said something but whoever it maybe was there before me.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2014, 06:27 PM »
docksiders got closed due to someone falling and suing the owner nothing to do with trash i thought that wat it was too untio i found out different this spring

Shhhhh Don't bring that up you ruined the point about trash! Lol Picking up some trash isn't fun but if everyone picks some up it goes a long ways as we do have accidental trash imo every time we go out. Doesn't take long and keeps the places looking good. Cigs can easily be thrown into a water bottle or empty can.

Offline Cool Cat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2014, 04:23 AM »
I've been known to carry a plastic sack out with me.  Well, two or three.  They come in handy for putting fish and trash in.  The goal is to put fish in them but if trash is around, I pick up what I can.  I've picked up cigarette butts, candy wrappers, ziploc bags, and propane canisters.  Drop the sack off where I enter/exit the lake.  I don't like to do it.  But something my dad instilled in me when I was a kid. 

Offline custom r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2014, 06:14 AM »
 Heck maybe we can sue the state for not plowing us a path to our fishing hole >

Offline muskiesteve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 22, 2014, 09:41 AM »
Trash on ice is the same a people walking their dogs. Some people carry a bag a pick up after their dogs. Other watch the dogs crap on other peoples property and walk away.
Just something we concerned fisherman have to deal with.  I am always cleaning up others garbage.
Fish on!!!

Offline Retiredbum

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 22, 2014, 09:52 AM »
HA HA the dog thing. I just move it to the sidewalk, So the next time the dog walker comes around, they can step in it and take it home with them, Its worked, they use the other side of street. to be a pig you have to thing like one. Fight fire with fire.

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 22, 2014, 10:17 AM »
Cigarette butts are probably one of the biggest pains to pick up that are left on the ice. I don't see why its so hard for smokers to bring an empty can with them to properly dispose of them. The sad truth about these jerks is they will make sure they have all their gear but will leave their trash behind.

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Nov 22, 2014, 10:33 AM »
It is not just on the lake,  it is everywhere, the price we pay for living in a disposable society.  All we can do is make the best of it and  do our part to keep it clean.  Not fair but it is what it is. :tipup:

Offline hippie01

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Nov 22, 2014, 03:27 PM »
That's why coldwater channels are hard to get on people would leave there trash , park in the yards, block the roads and my dad had a guy clean his fish and throw the guts in his driveway. I changed his mind and he did go back and pick them up if you know what I mean

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 22, 2014, 07:52 PM »
I like my scout for this reason, its a light weight dumpster until I get home. I can toss everyone's leftovers in it no prob

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 22, 2014, 09:32 PM »
It does suck but we need to pick up after them to keep our fishing areas clean and keep them open.
If we see people leaving trash behind we need to politely remind them to pick up after themselves and pack out what they pack in.
If you see someone leaving the lake take a quick glance their way and make sure they packed out their trash or go remind them to do so.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline Musky50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Nov 22, 2014, 09:59 PM »
I've ice fished behind guys that have left piles of cigarette filters on the ice.........makes me want to track down these bozos and blister their ears. IF....they do break down....it takes years.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 23, 2014, 07:12 AM »
Just politely remind them that they dropped something. After years of America just allowing the flickers to get away with it. It's just doesn't look good anywhere.

Offline rat-l-trap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 23, 2014, 09:01 AM »
I've been using the cup holder style ashtrays (the ones with the hole in them) on the ice for years they work great and are very cheap...if more ppl would get one this conversation wouldnt happen

Offline fishogger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 23, 2014, 06:46 PM »
lol wouldnt be the shanty without threads like this. crying towels for all.  ;D
got grease?

Offline spring bobber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Nov 23, 2014, 06:56 PM »
lol wouldnt be the shanty without threads like this. crying towels for all.  ;D

Unfortunately, you are right. It never fails, there is almost always a post about trash on the front page. I never understood why we gripe and complain about people leaving trash and not picking it up, etc. over and over again. Its the same old stuff and there is a thread about it every week once the ice is on. The fact of the matter is that people who read this typically aren't the problem, and taking a picture of the trash someone left and posting it on here for people to groan and moan about it will never be as effective as you telling that person to pick up their garbage face to face or just picking it up yourself.
Proud member of the Shiners!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/McLovinLife3

Offline Den58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Nov 24, 2014, 05:00 PM »
Unfortunately, you are right. It never fails, there is almost always a post about trash on the front page. I never understood why we gripe and complain about people leaving trash and not picking it up, etc. over and over again. Its the same old stuff and there is a thread about it every week once the ice is on. The fact of the matter is that people who read this typically aren't the problem, and taking a picture of the trash someone left and posting it on here for people to groan and moan about it will never be as effective as you telling that person to pick up their garbage face to face or just picking it up yourself.
I like the way you think Spring Bobber

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Nov 24, 2014, 08:32 PM »

GET BACK TO STUDYING! Lol

Offline spring bobber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Nov 24, 2014, 10:27 PM »

GET BACK TO STUDYING! Lol

I'm home on break. The only thing I need to study for is how to get as much food on my plate as possible on Thursday
Proud member of the Shiners!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/McLovinLife3

Offline Beets

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If you don't like the way I fish,stay away from me
« Reply #27 on: Nov 25, 2014, 10:39 PM »
....<°)))))>{
<°)))))>{
        <°)))))>{

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor