Author Topic: tackle box  (Read 2526 times)

Offline iabowhunter07

• IceShanty Rookie
tackle box
« on: Nov 21, 2014, 07:10 AM »
Im new to plastics and wondered What do you guys use to put your plastics in when on the ice all i can find online is jig boxes nothing really for plastic storage
"It's butt cold out here, and I'm fresh outta beer"

Offline FrostBack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Vegetarian: Cree word meaning poor hunter!
Re: tackle box
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2014, 01:10 PM »
This is one of the items I use:

The difference between an 8" hole and a 10" hole is.....a 10" hole will usually give you your boot back!

In the food chain of life...its not good to be referred to as: "a good eating size".

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2014, 01:40 PM »
http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/polybags-boxes/370101.aspx Generally have them in these, then in a freezer grade Zip Lock baggie where I can write whatever needed on it. Can be broken down into color, type or size with little effort. Carries easily in a bellows pocket or a generic soft sided bag. Cheap and easy with no fear of any types of reaction and the little bags seal for scent if one wishes to soak them

Offline SlabDaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Weigh It and Fillet It
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2014, 02:33 PM »
I keep them in the individual ziplock bags that they come in and store them in a Plano waterproof box. I'll take the hot colors out and put a few of each in one of those little double sided Planos to carry in my pocket.

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2014, 04:58 PM »
i bought 1000 2x2 inch bags on ebay to store my soft plastic's in i also got one of those small boxes with out dividers in it so they fit in side to protect them i ended out buying three of those small boxes inside a little box all three are water proof  and  have seals to prevent water from entering also juices/ sent's from leaving in the water that thay get soak with all the time like snow...if you need a model number of the boxes i can get them. 

Offline iabowhunter07

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2014, 08:50 PM »
Thanks guys i went to scheels tonight and found a tackle bag made by clam that should work out good i would post a pic if i could figure it out lol
"It's butt cold out here, and I'm fresh outta beer"

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2014, 08:56 PM »
For my "every day" plastics I use the clam ice armor box. This holds my jig heads as well. Then I have a ziplock full of other plastics that is either in the sled or the truck that I can tap into if I need something.

You can see in this box I have 3 colors of finesse plastics from custom jigs and spins, 3 colors of mayfly nymph from northland, and my favorite color minnow from trigger x. Those are the first baits I drop down the hole each day and have not had a time where one of them did not work.

For jig heads I have 1/32 with a #10 hook and 1/64 with #8 and #10 hook. Also some diamond jigs and gill pills with the beads removed that I also use for plastics, as well as some tungsten 4mm jigs with #10 hooks for plastics.

EYECONICFISHING

Offline klbeeks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2014, 09:14 PM »
Fish On'

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2014, 09:18 PM »
The small ziplocks work for me also.
I put a mix of plastics i think I will use in one small 4x4 bag and keep it in my pocket.
Then I replenish as needed. I keep the packages in my rod box.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2014, 08:09 AM »
If your plastics are like mine. I use the original whips. They are covered in anise oil. You better double bag them. They tend to leech out of one bag and into another. Making for some ugly colors that sometimes work and sometimes don't. Double bag em.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2014, 08:32 AM »
I keep all my plastics in small poly bags.   If you don't want to order Walmart has them in craft section    They got 2 size s.   2x3 and 3x4. The bags aren't the good heavy mil bags but they work good and are really cheap

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.