Author Topic: the looks you get  (Read 1780 times)

Offline bluethunder72

• Team IceShanty Regular
the looks you get
« on: Nov 20, 2014, 10:12 AM »
Do you just love the looks you get from people when they are taking and the weather warming up........ And you just look at them and say THAT SUCKS!.....any body else had this happen?
Dry side of the ice

Offline Rope

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: the looks you get
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2014, 10:17 AM »
Happens all the time for me.
Freedom is NOT free...

Offline benson78

• IceShanty Rookie
  • never surrender
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2014, 10:28 AM »
It makes me laugh when their look screams "what the hell is wrong with you".

Offline gohawks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2014, 11:09 AM »
Between that statement and the one I made today at work:

"I was bummed out that I fell through the ice last night because it wasn't thick enough for ice fishing...not because of the cold water."
I thought I had the catch of a lifetime...then I threw her back so I could spend more time fishing  ;)

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2014, 11:25 AM »
I interact with a lot of truck drivers daily and I love it when they come in and complain about how cold it is. When I tell them it needs to get colder for my liking, they just look at me like I've lost my marbles! :wacko:
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline bdidley413

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2014, 11:28 AM »
What makes it even better is when your 10 year old daughter says she can't wait for the ice and the cold!http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/Smileys/default/grin.gif
Stay frosty.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2014, 11:38 AM »
Was in line yesterday at the gas station and the lady in front of me was complaining about the cold... 
She turned and asked me "what do you think"?  I said i wish everyone around here who complains about the weather would move to Florida......      ::) ::) ::)    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D     ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2014, 11:56 AM »
I get all kinds of looks all the time, I just hope it's because I enjoy the cold weather!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep & bear arms.Assume nothing.Fish & hunt often!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2014, 01:28 PM »
It is all relative....  We keep our house at 60 to 65.  Our friends were over last night and put their coats back on. ???   They keep their house at 75  :o (which I call resthome mode).  No wonder people catch cold, and are sick.  When they go outside, the change is much greater. ;)  Happy (cold) trails ! ;D

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2014, 05:52 PM »
Was in line yesterday at the gas station and the lady in front of me was complaining about the cold... 
She turned and asked me "what do you think"?  I said i wish everyone around here who complains about the weather would move to Florida......      ::) ::) ::)    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D     ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I'm betting some folks in the western part of your state are wishing they were in Florida about now.  :)

Can't see anything good about 70+ inches of snow in less than 3 days.

Offline 77tech

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 20, 2014, 11:03 PM »
Sandbilly, does that mean you don't see the adventure in hauling hay using a helicopter if you can find any surviving cattle ?

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Nov 21, 2014, 06:43 AM »
I'm betting some folks in the western part of your state are wishing they were in Florida about now.  :)
Can't see anything good about 70+ inches of snow in less than 3 days.

Have you seen all the pictures? Its crazy..
The Buffalo Bills Stadium has so much snow in it they offered people $10 an hour plus free tickets and they still cant get it cleaned out.... :o
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 21, 2014, 08:19 AM »
You were right about not getting the stadium cleared out. Bills game is moved to Detroit and changed to Monday. I have some ties to up state NY. Brother was stationed at Fort Drum for two years. X sister in-law from Watertown. A few friends in the Oneida and Finger Lakes region, one of which grew up in Central City NE. Also ice fished Silver Lake a couple of times.

Sandbilly, does that mean you don't see the adventure in hauling hay using a helicopter if you can find any surviving cattle ?

That would be 0 fun.  :( Still remember the winter of 78/79 and a couple of more in the early 80's well enough to know I don't need any part of that. It's going to be a long winter the folks in western NY, livestock producers or not.

dc 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2014, 08:31 AM »
I enjoy the seasons ..my Winters cold..my Spring is sweet ....Summer its Hot ... and Fall is beautiful.... now Florida only has two seasons Hurricane season and Tourist season . during my winter outings I really could do without the wind so much... as I am sure every one will agree . as for the look yes ...they say winter  I say BRING IT  ;)2
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2014, 04:44 PM »
I know the look. The guys at work have been complaining about the cold and I have been cheering hoping it continues so I can start cutting some holes!! It's like are you crazy!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Showdown56

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice BABY!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2014, 06:05 PM »
Ah, but it's a GOOD crazy!
The OFFICIAL NEBRASKA ICE MAP 
ACTIVELY UPDATED WITH YOUR REPORTS!

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1EzoZhQjAcZAvY9qiApAy-g8xwQZAIb6q&ll=41.356402103308504%2C-102.02912595312499&z=7

Practicing Selective Harvest provides me a few of the abundant fish for a meal while providing YOU a rare fish to catch!

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #16 on: Nov 21, 2014, 06:25 PM »
Yep!!!

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Nov 22, 2014, 12:12 AM »
Yeah, everyone I work with hates me because I want it to get cold and stay cold!
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline hankthecrank

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Nothing better than DR PEPPER on shaved ice.
« Reply #18 on: Nov 22, 2014, 04:59 AM »
Looks heck, some of the remarks about cold and icefishing can be downright vicious. Don't care though because this is MY time of the year.
DR PEPPER POWERED PIKE HUNTER

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FISHING AND CATCHING, IS ONE FISH.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19 on: Nov 22, 2014, 05:41 AM »
We've been pretty fortunate in my area to avoid that brutal storm that's creating so much chaos for the greater Buffalo area, but we've had some good cold days.
The job I'm working on again is a huge project (Global Foundries in Malta, N.Y.) and construction workers from all over the country are there.
Yesterday a few boys from Texas were grumping about how cold it was outside, it was like 20's, and I had all I could do to not laugh, so I just stated if you think this is cold you're in for a real treat soon fellas...lol...welcome to NY!   ;D ...they made some comment about y'all are crazy up here!....in between shivers and teeth chatters!  :thumbsup: :icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.