Author Topic: first ice trip  (Read 1139 times)

Offline lostman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice, cold, water you say? sounds miserable... not!
first ice trip
« on: Nov 19, 2014, 02:21 PM »
late post but last weekend on sunday me and two guys headed out to reynolds ponds just to scratch the itch before all my finals and stuff with school kick in locking me up till mid december. first trip with the excitement i brought two of the same handed mitts and forgot my flasher on the charger... whoops. thankfully one of the other guys remembered his!
started on the second of the three big brookie ponds and had nothing for the first 2 hours as we moved around looking for the hole that i knew was there. finally we found it from 9' down to almost 30' and instantly had marks. caught a couple in the next hour or so but nothing of size as expected maybe 10" or so all oaround the  deep section. tried setting dead lines all over where i catch the largies out of these ponds when im bored in the summer but couldnt find any. would love to try and target them again as i know there are some bigger ones in there just dont know what these bass do in the winter.
after this we packed up and headed over to the brown trout pond across the road. once again found a surprisingly deep hole on in this pond. fished here for just over an hour with one good hit and then landing one about 14".

good first day out as short as it had to be it was very fun!
hello my name is lostman and im an ice fishing addict, and always will be

Offline mikeypikey

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing
Re: first ice trip
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2014, 12:31 AM »
Great report.  those ponds had big fish back in the day , not sure now

but awesome for doing the trek.. any pics?
Where ever you go.. There you are!

Offline lostman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice, cold, water you say? sounds miserable... not!
Re: first ice trip
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2014, 06:32 PM »
no real great ones, buddies took most of the pics.
still see or hear of the odd bug one, though me personally have never landed on but have hooked em
hello my name is lostman and im an ice fishing addict, and always will be

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.