Author Topic: Got on the Ice Today!!!  (Read 2339 times)

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
Got on the Ice Today!!!
« on: Nov 18, 2014, 02:20 PM »
Decided to check the ice today after classes ended and found some "safe" ice and by "safe" I mean I found risky ice to fish on that measured 2-2.5in. Was only out there for an hour and I would've gone a lot longer if I didn't realize that there was a small sign next to the dock (Didn't see it cuz I came in from the side) and it said, "All fishing is closed due to restocking." Immediately I knew why I wasn't catching any fish on the weeds I was on top of, so I immediately got off the lake so I wouldn't get busted if the DNR showed up, but I didn't leave without taking a few pics. ;D

My "Movie Poster" pic for the season  ::)

My set-up for today... went VERY light.

Got the Green Hornet 2.0 to see the ice... hopefully it doesn't get stolen like the first one did.
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline polski

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's never to cold too drink beer
Re: Got on the Ice Today!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2014, 04:52 PM »
Now you got me thinking I check out some small ponds tomarrow

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2014, 06:16 PM »
Gotta get the deer killed first but may get out Saturday!!

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2014, 01:53 AM »
I won't be on the ice anytime soon, still have some Perch fishing to catch up on. The winds are looking good over the next 10 days out on the big lake so they say ....

Poorboy

Offline gillinator1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2014, 08:36 AM »
Not even close to enough ice by Peoria. 48 and 49 on Friday and Saturday with rain. grrr.... I want fish!

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2014, 01:32 PM »
Not even close to enough ice by Peoria. 48 and 49 on Friday and Saturday with rain. grrr.... I want fish!

Don't be that jealous, the warmup we're getting this weekend will pretty much clear all the ice we have.  >:(  :'(
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline Soozookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Plastics!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2014, 06:54 PM »
Checked the pond where I work 3 in very solid stuff. Rain will wreck it I'm sure this weekend >:(

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2014, 07:33 PM »
Checked the pond where I work 3 in very solid stuff. Rain will wreck it I'm sure this weekend >:(

Isn't that the worst?  >:( Checked the weather for next week following the stupid warmup and we'll be going back to the low 30s/high 20s again, so there's that...

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2014, 02:54 PM »
I won't be on the ice anytime soon, still have some Perch fishing to catch up on. The winds are looking good over the next 10 days out on the big lake so they say ....

Poorboy

Your supposed to be working at that time  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2014, 07:09 PM »

Poorboy
So where are  the darn perch they aint in the harbors yet.
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline minnowkeith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 20, 2014, 10:21 PM »
Ultra, there are no perch to be caught, at least not until the water clears up.
It's me BGB
Leave nothing behind but your footprints

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 22, 2014, 04:30 AM »
Your supposed to be working at that time  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Only 2 more work days then I'm off till Jan 5th .... :whistle:

Poorboy

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #12 on: Nov 22, 2014, 10:32 AM »
Alright boys, so begins the weekend of warm weather and rain... thank god though that it's gonna go straight back down to highs of 30s and lows of 20s after Monday

Offline Terdbassman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2014, 12:35 PM »
Hey Muskie ! Sorry this is the only way for me to respond to your pm.( still a newbie) I'm waiting impatiently for the ice to come. I'm sure I'll see you out on the ice. Hopefully very soon!

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #14 on: Dec 04, 2014, 02:06 PM »
Hey Muskie ! Sorry this is the only way for me to respond to your pm.( still a newbie) I'm waiting impatiently for the ice to come. I'm sure I'll see you out on the ice. Hopefully very soon!

No problem man, I think you need to post 3-5 posts to respond to PMs but yeah I'm hoping for the ice to become walkable by Christmas... cuz it sure as heck not gonna happen soon with the rain we're gonna get tomorrow and come next week with the 40+ degree weather... hoping for a BIG spike in cold air to come in.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2014, 12:51 PM »
went out to check about a 10 acre pond we fish to see if it was capped.   low and behold there was ice, a test hole, and what looked to be evidence of some fishing across the pond.

so walked out about 10' to find about 3" of ice. 

walked the edge all the way around and found it to be 3" all around.  pretty optomistic about the season still.  this weather isn't building or destroying ice as of yet.  40's will though. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.