Author Topic: Testing Transducer  (Read 646 times)

Offline sr73087

• Team IceShanty Regular
Testing Transducer
« on: Nov 18, 2014, 12:28 PM »
I bought an FL-8 used a few years back and have not had much luck with it. I don't mark too many fish and have only caught a few with its help. I'm wondering if my transducer may be on its way out. How should I check this?

Offline walkndude

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Testing Transducer
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2014, 12:48 PM »
If you can see your jig/bait/lure it's working. The only way to know how well is to fish next to a buddy with a finder, who is on fish, and compare readings. To narrow a problem down from there you would need to swap out transducers with someone that has a vex and see what difference it makes.

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2014, 05:18 PM »
Try and use it in some water where you know there are fish and other people a catching them and also mess with the settings.

Offline motorfixer1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2014, 05:32 PM »
First make sure your battery is good and fully charged then test it indoors hanging or holding it up above a hard floor then slowly lift  your trandsducer up and down and see if your return signal is also going up and down I think the distance off the floor was supposed to be 2 feet and the readout around 9 ft. on your flasher  and listen to your transducer for a ticking noise if these work your all good

Neither my lowrance elite 5 or showdown troller 2.0 will work out of the water but work great in the water. The showdown had a malfunction when I first got it and was not making any noise at all from the ducer. As mentioned if you can see your jig you will be able to see a fish that is much larger.

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2014, 05:16 PM »
Old Goat is spot on with the FL8.
[uhttp://vexilar.com/parts/manuals.phprl][/url]

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2014, 08:50 PM »
Feel the trans puck with your hand under it.  Should feel a pulse.  Or hold it on your cheek

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.