Author Topic: Jiffy propane augers, prices.  (Read 962 times)

Offline miked77

• IceShanty Rookie
Jiffy propane augers, prices.
« on: Nov 18, 2014, 10:29 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a power auger this year and seriously considering the Jiffy propane model.  I was about to pull the pin on the 8 inch model at Canadian Tire as they have it on sale.  But now that I do a little looking it still seems expensive.  Unfortunately I live up in Sault Ste Marie so not many options but will be getting down south next month.  I'm curious what is the going price for the Auger in Ontario?  Anyone know what it goes for at Bass Pro?  Its easy to find american prices, not so much Canadian prices.  Other downfall of Canadian Tire is they only have the 8 inch model. Wondering if it would be better to go the 10?

Thanks all.

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
Re: Jiffy propane augers, prices.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2014, 11:44 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy a power auger this year and seriously considering the Jiffy propane model.  I was about to pull the pin on the 8 inch model at Canadian Tire as they have it on sale.  But now that I do a little looking it still seems expensive.  Unfortunately I live up in Sault Ste Marie so not many options but will be getting down south next month.  I'm curious what is the going price for the Auger in Ontario?  Anyone know what it goes for at Bass Pro?  Its easy to find american prices, not so much Canadian prices.  Other downfall of Canadian Tire is they only have the 8 inch model. Wondering if it would be better to go the 10?

Thanks all.

I'm not sure of the pricing, but I have heard they are heavy (weight). Whats the advantage of the propane?
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline miked77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2014, 11:57 AM »
Yes from what I have heard they are a little heavier. But for me at this point in time weight is not much of an issue.  I like the convenience of not having to worry about gas.  And from all I have heard they are reliable and start easily. 

Offline rayclargo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2014, 12:50 PM »
miked77, you live on the border, why not order online ship it to weirs in sault mi. Thats how i buy 99% of my stuff?

Offline miked77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2014, 01:10 PM »
That is one definite option! Although often I find with exchange it is not a great deal.  Am noticing that Canadian Tire is just very overpriced right now for some reason.  Will be waiting a bit before purchasing. Wont be getting on the ice for a while yet anyhow.  Gonna be in Toronto next month so Bass Pro will be an option, assuming I dont find a good deal during a trip to Michigan later this week.

Offline markjsolomon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2014, 10:02 AM »
I see Cabellas in Barrie is asking 649 for the lite I paid about that for mine at Gagnon in oshawa two years ago

yup they are heavy but work awesome I love mine

Offline Sportsman44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2014, 09:16 PM »
what is the weight difference  ?  ......   propane vs gasoline
Sportsman

Offline markjsolomon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2014, 10:46 AM »
I have the heavy first year model of the propane and don't notice the difference between it and the old school jiffys. I think that the two strokes are much liter

Offline Sportsman44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2014, 12:02 PM »
I have an 8" white jiffy lightning.  (Of course its a two stroke)  Would there be much of a difference between the weight of this ... and a propane 8" I wonder?

Can anyone chime in on this difference?

I would like a propane, but I have had the two stroke for over ten years and I just got it broken in    ;D
 :tipup:
Sportsman

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2014, 12:09 PM »
Question while on the subject.  Propane equipment is noted for having starting and running problems in cold weather.  What experiences have you guys had with them in zero and below weather ???

Offline mad_on_fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2014, 06:34 PM »
ive been tempted to buy the jify propane 10" and its only 32lbs which isnt bad at all!
but now im considering the eskimo propane auger too.
about a 100 dollar difference
its not the  fisherman that catches the fish,, its the gear,,,

or is it the other way around? oh well...

FISH ON

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2014, 07:36 PM »
Question while on the subject.  Propane equipment is noted for having starting and running problems in cold weather.  What experiences have you guys had with them in zero and below weather ???
no starting issues last year, weight wasn't an issue on the atv.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.