Author Topic: Guide Service LW Ice Fishing  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Walleye Whisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
Guide Service LW Ice Fishing
« on: Nov 17, 2014, 08:55 AM »
Can someone recommend a guide we can hire for ice fishing Lake Winnipeg in middle of March next year? I'd like to make contacts now rather than wait incase they get booked. Thanks in advance.

Offline oldccm

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Guide Service LW Ice Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2014, 09:53 AM »
There's Lee Nolden but I'm sure he's booked already for March
Donovan Pearse with http://www.blackwatercats.com those are the 2 I see out there the most.

Offline CILRedRIVER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2014, 10:49 AM »
You really don't need a guide................. ....

Do you have ice fishing gear of your own? If so, follow the leader and go  where everyone else fishes. Its that simple, just don't crowd other fisherman. The lake is a giant featureless lake and fish are easy to find.

Offline Steven_Polaris

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GEMME WALLEYE
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2014, 12:07 PM »
Don't always fish where everyone else is, doesn't mean there doing good. A lot of people like to stick around chalet beach and there are. way better spots. Your right the lake is huge go anywhere and you will catch. Early is the season I go a couple miles straight North of chalet and I have success but that's just me right 😉

"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work"

Offline oldccm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2014, 12:19 PM »
Hiring a guide can be helpful for a lot of reasons. They are on the lake a lot more than the average person so they tend to know what's hot and what's not. What's biting where etc. One of the biggest reasons they catch as many fish as they do is because they stay MOBILE. not uncommon for the guide to want to hit 2 or more spots an hour. It's a hard days work but they seem to put a lot of fish in the ice.

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2014, 08:31 PM »

Offline Andre1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2014, 10:40 PM »
Don't always fish where everyone else is, doesn't mean there doing good. A lot of people like to stick around chalet beach and there are. way better spots. Your right the lake is huge go anywhere and you will catch. Early is the season I go a couple miles straight North of chalet and I have success but that's just me right 😉
The op asked for an outfitter so let's stick to answering his question.

Offline Walleye Whisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2014, 12:53 PM »
We have all our own equipment, and are no strangers to ice fishing. However, when you live 9 hours away and don't have the luxury of fishing it often enough to get a pattern on the fish it would be easier and money well spent to hire a guide for one day so we don't spend a day of our trip or more figuring the fish out. I know it wouldn't be a fool proof solution but it certainly wouldn't hurt. I'm also not one to just follow the crowds, just have never been a big fan. Thanks for all the replies. I'll give these guys a try

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.