Author Topic: Access for Pleasant Lake in Deerfield, NH  (Read 2824 times)

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
Access for Pleasant Lake in Deerfield, NH
« on: Nov 17, 2014, 07:43 AM »
Want to check out some new waters this year and I always hear good things about Pleasant Lake in Deerfield. I'd like to take a ride soon and would like to know a little info before heading out. Its 1.5 hrs away so I would only fish it a couple of times a year so I'm not looking to take anyones spot away. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Access for Pleasant Lake in Deerfield, NH
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2014, 08:55 AM »
There is public access at the north end of the lake off of Gulf rd which is off of rt 107. There is a fair amount of parking but some weekends can be busy so the earlier the better sometimes.

Fishing is fair for trout... most fish average 12-16" with the occasional 18-20" trout taken.

Most of the lake is shallow and sandy along the shorelines and are good for rainbows and brook trout. Try going a little deeper for browns

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2014, 09:16 AM »
Thank you NH Trout Fisherman for the info....I'm going for a ride in the next couple of weeks with my fishing buddies to find and check out Sebago Lake in Maine and I will be checking out Pleasant along the way....I fish a little lake close to home called Little Sunapee and I fish for rainbow's there. I only use Salmon eggs and was wondering what is used mostly for Pleasant. I used to use crawlers and minnows but find that I have the best luck with the eggs. I do have some luck with powerbait at times especially at the beginning of the season. Thanks again for the info.

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2014, 09:57 AM »
Check the F&G web-site. Depth maps and access info. you can print out - Lakes and ponds are listed as well as fish species.

Offline Jay Fat City

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That Dummy Out on the Ice By Himself
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2014, 11:30 AM »
DO NOT PARK ON THE STREET!

Parking on the street almost ruined my life. The no parking sign got whacked by a plow, I got a ticket, appealed the ticket, the NHDMV sent my summons to an old address from 1998, my license got suspended in NH, was about to get suspended in Mass before I even found out. Took me four months to clear this up because I didn't feel comfortable parking in a spot that said "parking for vehicles with trailers only" in the middle of winter.

Don't be an idiot like me!
  <=== On my car, on my sled, on my soul!

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2014, 06:13 PM »
Last season salmon eggs was the hot ticket for brookies and bows on Pleasant for me.Anywhere from 1 to 5 FOW.Find the sand.Caught a few bows on shiners too off the bottom in about 17 FOW.Get there early on the weekend because the parking lot gets full quickly.Expect a zoo like atmosphere around the ramp.It's quite the community hole.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.