The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fargo N.D. area info.  (Read 941 times)

Offline ksiceboy

• IceShanty Rookie
Fargo N.D. area info.
« on: Nov 16, 2014, 10:34 AM »
Hi all, new to iceshanty. Ks flatlander looking for updates on the ice progression around the Fargo area or 80 mi radius. Looking at the 1st wk of Dec for trip. Any suggestions on the better small bodies of water for perch, walleyes, and crappies. If we are fortunate to get fishable ice down here, I will help with info if needed. Thank you and good fishing!

Offline 2labradors

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fargo N.D. area info.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2014, 01:12 PM »
Most lakes are froze over completely already, by 1st week in Dec ice will be plenty thick, lots of choices of lakes

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
Re: Fargo N.D. area info.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2014, 09:11 PM »
Welcome to the boards ksiceboy!  That side of the state and western MN have a metric butt load of lakes to chose from. Here's some copy and paste from an older post of mine to another new guy.

Get the Navionics app for your smartphone, if the download is working. It's invaluable for fishing on a lot of lakes.

Read the regs, Twice. They give you a lot of info on where to fish. Check the North Dakota Game and Fish website. http://www.gf.nd.gov They have all the latest info, plus as a bonus they have lists of every lake managed by them with what fish is in it, current sizes and directions on how to get there. http://www.gf.nd.gov/magazines/march-april-2014/fishing-waters-report   JawJacker, Automatic Fisherman and automatic hook setting tip ups ARE legal to use in ND so you can use something like these to help your caught rate. (THEY ARE NOT LEGAL IN MN)

Vetter, Janice L. <[email protected]>
Oct 6 (1 day ago)

to me
Hi Clifford,

It is indeed true, the devices are legal in North Dakota.  Thank you for contacting the Department for clarification.

Good luck fishing!

Janice Vetter
North Dakota Game and Fish Dept.
Fisheries Division
[email protected]

Sent: Monday, October 6, 2014 8:33 AM
To: Vetter, Janice L.
Subject: FW: Automatic hook setting device, JawJacker, Automatic Fisferman

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.