The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake St. Catherine  (Read 946 times)

Offline Dozerdukes

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake St. Catherine
« on: Nov 10, 2014, 10:40 AM »
Headed to St. Catherine in February, just rented a house on little lake. Looking specifically for pike. Any thoughts on little lake vs. big lake?

Thanks

Offline Fish-On-VT

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Duff Shack!
Re: Lake St. Catherine
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2014, 11:26 AM »
What are you targeting or looking to catch??

Tip Up !!! :tipup:

Offline Dozerdukes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2014, 01:02 PM »
Thanks for the reply,

Going to be targeting pike, was told by the renter that the lake is know for pike and bass.

Offline gould

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2014, 05:12 PM »
The main lake is good for big brown trout some nice small mouth bass on the rt 30 side. The little lake is better large mouth and pike.

Offline Fish-On-VT

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Duff Shack!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2014, 11:35 AM »
Sorry for the delay in my reply...  Yes, you can get some good Pike! & some nice trout.  Although the lake is strange, you can go all day without catching anything...  :P  :-\   Like gould  said go way south to the little lake for Pike, or go way north. But the little lake is best.  Good luck & tight lines!!

Tip Up !!! :tipup:

Offline Open-Handed Fish Slap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2015, 01:52 PM »
Fish-On-Vt, just wanted to say thank you for replying to the post.  I get sick of all the people on here that only want to say "look at me", it's nice to have people that are actually helpful.  If you come down to Mass please ask for info, anything we have we will be more than happy to share. We have been coming to Vermont for the last 5 seasons or so and every time I have reached out you have helped.  Dozerdukes is one of my fishing buddies and I just wanted to check up on his post before we head up tomorrow morning to see if anyone replied.  I'm not sure where you will be but if you're on little lake stop by and we'll buy you a beer.  Same goes for the rest of the guys that offered up some info (gould).  Good luck this weekend everyone.
It's like tailgating with the possibility of catching a fish!

Offline BassInVt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ain't nothing better than fishing!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2015, 06:45 PM »
sorry guys i would have replied, but i dont fish those lakes in the winter, to far for me to drive with our weather
What?? fish are biting, I'm gone

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.