Author Topic: Good Ol' Brewski  (Read 12328 times)

Online Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Good Ol' Brewski
« Reply #30 on: Nov 16, 2014, 09:29 PM »
I just make tea while on the ice.
While out there I am there to fish not to drink.
Drinking is for when I get home and turn on the hockey game.  ;)
The drink of choice is rum.

FYI living and fishing where I do the beer would be frozen before I got to drink it. :D

Offline trapster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 16, 2014, 10:33 PM »
Hacker-Pschorr... Damned fine brew.  Germen beer is some of the best.  It's just me.. I don't drink on the ice because I will soon need a place to Whizzzzzzzzzzz.  I won't whiz on the ice..  As much as I like beer.  I just choose not to drink on the ice.
Shut up and fish.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #32 on: Nov 17, 2014, 10:57 AM »
I love my beer but just wait till I'm home. On the ice, a ginger ale for a few sips gets me through the day.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 17, 2014, 02:17 PM »
Drifter knows what's up! 

I like beer just fine, but beer slushies get old pretty quick.  For me on the ice it's coffee and water. 

I'm planning on starting to bring hot water too, b/c the water bottle is usually frozen pretty quick too.  Most lakes here are fine to drink, but there's enough bait shmarm around my holes that I don't mess with drinking straight from the hole...

Offline Ton_Def

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Nov 18, 2014, 04:00 AM »
Can't believe no one has mentioned ICEHOUSE! Nothin' like an Icehouse while in the ice house on the ice...

Offline Jdawgsk1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Nov 22, 2014, 10:50 PM »
I've always found that the fish don't bite till I've got a beer chilling in the hole

Offline jww311

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Nov 23, 2014, 05:52 PM »
I always pour a little bit of beer down the whole to keep my little fish buddies happy lol

Online Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Nov 23, 2014, 07:45 PM »

I'm planning on starting to bring hot water too, b/c the water bottle is usually frozen pretty quick too.  Most lakes here are fine to drink, but there's enough bait shmarm around my holes that I don't mess with drinking straight from the hole...

I have a separate hole for my flasher.
I get my water from there. :D
I don't have to worry about my transducer when fighting a fish with this system too.   ;)2

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Nov 24, 2014, 01:18 AM »
Make it 8.  I take water to drink, and usually will treat myself to a mountain dew.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Nov 24, 2014, 08:28 PM »
I'm not on the ice to drink.  I can drink in the comfort of my home.  I'm there to fish.

Well said.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline PRICE COUNTY STRIKE ZONE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Nov 29, 2014, 07:19 PM »
Busch light here.    It's cheap and it's what 90% of people around drink so when I go to someone's house and they offer a beer it's my normal brew.
Make that 2 for Busch light. ;D
     Beer: So much more than a breakfast drink.  - Homer Simpson

Offline frostymug

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 03, 2014, 10:59 AM »
3 for the bush. That is unless schmidt beer prints the can with the northern on the ice. Always have to grab a few boxes of that

Offline nh archer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Dec 03, 2014, 11:11 AM »
I brew up a BIG brown ale just for ice fishing.  Surprisingly smooth for the alcohol content (typically measures up 8.5-9.5).  Just a couple, unless I am at the island for the weekend.  Just mellow, but coffee and water, too.

Offline crappeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 03, 2014, 10:27 PM »
A little blackberry brandy warms you right up !

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Dec 05, 2014, 07:27 AM »
If I'm by myself  I don't drink. If I'm fishing with friends we drink nearly every single time. Too many of you guys think your pros lol. Relax and have fun with it. For us that means having a few!

Offline acmarcus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 07, 2014, 06:53 PM »
Make it 9! Only problem with drinking a pot of coffee, is I have to drill another hole to pee in.

Offline ElectraGlider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 11, 2014, 09:39 AM »
Snowshoe Grog, it's tradition in my family.

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Dec 11, 2014, 11:04 AM »
I have a tradition every year of doing Busch Lite on my first trip. After that- any good Pale Ale or German Pilsner...

Offline Firefightertom32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 11, 2014, 01:27 PM »
Bud light and some apple moonshine on the long days. Mountain dew on the short trips
Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over.

Offline BoonDockin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Dec 30, 2014, 06:41 PM »
Bud light

Offline Yopy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Dec 30, 2014, 07:17 PM »

Offline Chub58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 01, 2015, 11:06 AM »
What is snowshoe grog I remember a friends dad giving us some when we were snowmobiling.It did warm me up but I was probably 14 or 15 and can't remember what it tasted like.
Hut - Cabelas 360tc
Sonar - Vexilar double vision fl20 DTD flx28
Rods - Custom
Lure - Fiskas tungsten
Ride - 07' Polaris 700 dragon
Auger - Clam conversion Dewalt 20v Mora 6"

Offline PRICE COUNTY STRIKE ZONE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 01, 2015, 12:56 PM »
Its a peppermint schnapps. You can still buy it at certain liquor stores in Wisconsin. It is a good warmer upper. ;D
     Beer: So much more than a breakfast drink.  - Homer Simpson

Offline Muskytracker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 01, 2015, 10:43 PM »
Peebers

Offline Cbass123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 02, 2015, 02:37 PM »
If I'm ice fishing, it Busch every time.  I'm out there to have fun, not pretend I'm the world's most serious angler.

Offline VDueslerIV

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FILL THE STRINGER!!!!
« Reply #55 on: Jan 02, 2015, 04:42 PM »
well onn the cold days alone its usually a theros of hot chocolate...when its with a big group of friends...lets see blackberry brandy is a favorite mix in a few labatts..and maybe just maybe some dr mcgillicuddy cherry schnapps...never drunk just having a good time always with a driver to get me home or piss my wife off to come for me thank god its only 5 mins from home..hahahaha..practi ce safe drinking and ice fishing..
“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a shanty, jig and drink beer all day. ”

Offline Skawdee

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's that time of year again!
« Reply #56 on: Jan 03, 2015, 09:05 PM »
What I do first thing in the morning at 4:30am while I'm getting ready to go fishing is start boiling a large can of chicken noodle soup. But I also add an extra can of water, a little ketchup and sprinkle with cinnamon mix that up while still boiling on the stove and put into a HOT wide-opening Stanley thermos to keep it hot all day on the ice. This becomes a hot lunch around 11am and you have extra juice with flavor to sip on as well. In addition, I always have to have my other Stanley keeping coffee hot, a Nalgene of water (1000mL) and 2 Gatorades (I leave one in the truck for the ride home). And then you can do some snacks on top of that if you feel the need... maybe some elk jerky, PB&J, or chips. Whatever floats your boat.
I don't just go FISHING... I go CATCHING.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 03, 2015, 09:13 PM »
bottled water on warm to cool days, hot cocoa with a dash of cayenne pepper (for added heat) on cold days.

The LAST thing I'd want to do is drink any alcohol on a cold day where I'd be driving afterwards.
I don't need / want a DUI for my troubles.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline bassackwards

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 09, 2015, 10:59 AM »
 I enjoy having my wife drop me off at the lake with a few brewskies packed for the day. I have days where I "might" have a few too many, and days I hardly touch them. Usually bring something a little more relaxing : Bell's 2 hearted ale, Tommy-Knockers chocolate porter, Lavery Belfast black ale, or some good old Sam L Smith Tadcaster Yorkshire Stingo.

If I am on a lake with bar within close distance I will secure my shanty, remove my rods and tip-ups......and walk over for a cold beer and hot lunch. I make sure I can see my shanty from where I am though......way too many thief's out there.

If I drive to the lake, I bring a buddy who does not drink......always have a safe ride home.

If I am doing an all-nighter on a smaller body of water, I usually get pretty hammered.

Of course this is all when the ice is "safe" in my opinion. I don't fool around with booze on sketch ice (like this weekend here in NW PA). I have took my plunge - it was hard enough to get out when sober.
It's not about the fish.................. .

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 10, 2015, 08:13 PM »
couple Heineken. yuengling if i am going to Ny. they dont sell it in Vt   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.