Author Topic: Looking for ice fishing partner in or around Balto,md., for this coming winter.  (Read 1928 times)

Offline icefisherinbalto,md.

• IceShanty Rookie
I usually fish Martin's Lagoon. But am interested to travel to other locations close by. This could be my last winter here in Maryland. I don't drive, but more than willing to pay gas costs etc. I also have lots of ice fishing gear if you would like to try this great sport. Just bring yourself, kids, whoever. It can be a real blast. Hope to here from someone this winter!!!

Offline REB9

• Team IceShanty Regular
Welcome to the Md page.  Not many guys start to post until early December.  I fish west of you.  Greenbriar Lake mostly with a couple trips every year to DCL..  Bout forty miles west of you.  REB9

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
welcome to the site  live west of you as well.  Fish DCL mostly. 

Offline flyfishbowhunticefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Im just south of Baltimore in Elkridge....fish deep creek or greenbriar mostly...never tried martins but would like to check it out for sure. Its getting close!!! 
Y'all catchin?

Offline cyclocoastie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Welcome aboard. I'm WAY south, but DCL ya can't go wrong!
Jesus was an ice fisherman...

Offline Douger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Welcome, even further south than cyclo, Stafford, VA.  No safe ice here!  Fished DCL once with cyclo last year, looking forward to ice there this year.  Normally fish hard water on Lake Champlain, Shoreham, VT.

Offline woodbury pond

• IceShanty Rookie
I live in Fells Points, would be happy to meet up. I only got out a few times last year, best luck at Rocky Gap. Hoping to get out more this year. Also the wife is doing a work rotation in Garrett County all of Feb so hopefully I'll be spending some time out there too.

Offline SolarBoy

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey guys, I plan on going to DCL few times this winter for some jumbo perch. If you're willing to share the road with me then shoot PM or reply here. I live in College Park

Offline Douger

• Team IceShanty Regular
balto, are you talking about the Middle River area NE of Baltimore, semi reasonable commute for me to do a couple of days, prefer weekdays.

• IceShanty Rookie
Yes Douger. If you need specific directions I can let you know. It is also known as Dark Head Cove.

Offline Flying Frenchman

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline Mikeguard01

• IceShanty Rookie
And as soon as they started dredging to remove chemicals the soft water fishing went down hill fast. I believe they are suppose to wrap it up 15 Jan so it won't effect the spawning season. Then start back up again next fall. I'm not sure what it will do to the population since that's a wintering spot for a lot of fish, but I have a bad feeling we will see a fish kill.

Fred have you fished there recently?

Offline Flying Frenchman

• IceShanty Rookie
Mike,   I saw the warning signs last month and stayed away....  I'll still C/R there if we get ice.     

Offline Mikeguard01

• IceShanty Rookie
Fred,
I also heard that there will be condos built in the future. I imagine that will also have a negative impact fishing that area.

. If this weather holds up we will see some ice soon. If not I'm thinking trying a slip bobber in the reservoir.

• IceShanty Rookie
So much for ice fishing the Lagoon this winter. These reports of dredging don't sound good.

Offline Mikeguard01

• IceShanty Rookie
I might do a drive by today and check things out.

• IceShanty Rookie
Let us know what's going on Mike.

Offline Mikeguard01

• IceShanty Rookie
I didn't get a chance to check it out today.

Offline SolarBoy

• IceShanty Rookie

If you still debating fish DCL or not this weekend, check out this web cam. It looks like the whole lake is frozen. http://www.deepcreektimes.com/webcam2.asp
I'll going out there from College Park on Sunday. Can share a road with one or two good guys.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.