Author Topic: 2014-2015 Iceshanty Team CT Children's Picture Contest  (Read 1823 times)

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
2nd Annual Children's Picture Contest

Ice is coming soon, make plans to take the kids fishing! Get a cool photo of the kids, and post it up, and get in the running for some great prizes.

Rule #1!....
Safety! Please be careful, don't take chances on the ice, especially with the kids.

Beyond safety, the child, the fish and the card must be pictured while on the ice!
The photo will not be considered if the card is not pictured....Print one out and put it in your wallet! It can be small provided we can identify it as this years card.

Contest will run from first ice anywhere in CT through March 15th.
Open only to CT residents on CT waterbodies.
Please limit pictures to one per child per outing. It's also recommended that each child be pictured individually.
There's no strict age limit, we trust that everyone recognizes a child when they see them. ;D

Offline LargeFry

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2014-2015 Iceshanty Team CT Children's Picture Contest
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2014, 11:20 AM »
Thanks for doing this again this year! The kids are still talking about last years.

The older one, as you can see, also has great negotiating skills and was able to trade up before he even walked out of the shop with his prize. Unfortunately for him it was also his last year as a kid.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2014, 12:35 PM »
Thanks for the post! Glad they're happy and got to use the stuff at the end of the season. Tell your oldest he might be growing out of the children's category, but in an ice cap contest he may be competitive.  ;D

Offline catchintime

• IceShanty Rookie
  • when in doubt, set the hook!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2015, 11:44 AM »
First night trip for my little buddy... Looks like Joshua had a crappie night!! :)

Offline P.Dona

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><((((º> Bring on the ice!!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2015, 04:22 PM »
Can you extend a couple weeks into March ?
 ;D

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2015, 07:15 AM »
Good idea, it's been a bit chilly for the little guys. We'll go till March 15th.

Offline LargeFry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2015, 09:12 PM »
Mission Accomplished!

After either forgetting the card, not catching, dead batteries.... our stars finally aligned and we caught some fish and even got pictures. We don't usually target trout through the ice here, but for some silly reason I felt like today was the day. Wound up with 2 bows @ 16" plus a "suprise" calli as we picked up. Now my lil'buddy has technically out trouted me through the ice on my home lake!

Offline rocklobster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2015, 10:56 AM »

A couple farm pond bass my nephew Braeden has caught.  The bottom one was pushing 5 pounds on the boga!

here pikey pikey...BIG DEAD BAIT...

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2015, 05:36 AM »
I teach second grade and invite my class to come out for a day of fishing almost every year.  Had about 60 or 70 people join me on candlewood this season.  Great way to introduce kids to the sport.  I call it a "Yes day."  Almost always the answer to their requests are yes.  Can we build a fort?  Yes. Can we have a snowball fight?  Yes.  Can we go sliding?  Yes. Can I put in another tipup?  Yes.  Almost all of them loved it!
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 15, 2015, 08:53 PM »

My 3 year old, Sadie, with her first crappie.

My 5 year old, Leah.  For a dainty girl she loves ice fishing and gets mad when it's time to leave.

My 1 year old, Bonnie, with a big pick.  She's wearing that hoodie because earlier in the day she stuck her arm down an ice hole trying to grab a "blub blub" with her hand.  Even though I have 3 daughters and 0 sons, they love the outdoors, although they call me "stinky daddy" when I'm gone fishing all day.

A few other pics, but no printout...

Like most fishermen, my daughter rounds up and tells everyone she pulled in a "three pounder."

Her first fish through the ice - would make a nice pike bait.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.