Author Topic: Fishing Friend  (Read 1524 times)

Offline cat26fish

• IceShanty Rookie
Fishing Friend
« on: Nov 04, 2014, 06:15 PM »
Hello,

Ive been fishing at 11 mile and Antero, over the past 4 years.  I always end up rolling solo.  I live in the Springs, I have all my own equipment, and vehicle, not looking for anyone to give up there spots or needing to use your stuff , just wondering if anyone wants to roll with.  Let me know, all my friends now either think its too cold, or they have to use all my stuff.   If anyone is looking for a new fishing buddy, I go up most weekends. 

Cheers,
Brad

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fishing Friend
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2014, 08:19 PM »
I take my 4 year old boy with me to the mile most weekends from falcon. Usually early till noon. I don't have any secret spots. We could meet up at the lake. 

Offline USAFicefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hooked Up
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2014, 09:08 PM »
Hey Brad I am in the same boat last year my friend bailed on New Year's Day because he got to drunk. Fishing is higher on my priority list then getting waisted. I have all my own stuff to but never fished antero. I could always use a good fishing buddy plus I live in the springs to. I will pm you my number if you ever need someone to go with ya.
Scott

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2014, 11:05 PM »
Welcome to the shanty cat26fish, looks like there's a few to hit the hard deck with at antero
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2014, 08:38 AM »
I been fishing icing 11-mile since 1989.   Specially love early ice. Basically the month of December.  Ill PM ya when Im gonna head up there if ya wanna go.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline cat26fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2014, 09:45 AM »
Awesome,  I am getting pumped for the upcoming season, and already started inventorying my stuff!  I am trying to reach out to people, but I dont think i have the ability to send PM's.   

Cheers,
Brad

Offline cat26fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2014, 09:47 AM »
USAFishFinder,  I am in the same boat my buddies are all in, and then I'm sitting at the park and ride waiting around, and i get a text 30 mins later that they are sick, or accidentally slept in!

Offline cat26fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2014, 09:54 AM »
Ok, apparently i did not have enough posts to send PM's i have remedied that now.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2014, 10:35 AM »
Welcome to Ice Shanty, Brad -- I've iced the mile the past few seasons, and I still haven't even begun to figure the place out.  But I'm always looking to meet new people on the ice -- feel free to PM any time you're heading up there.  And you should def take Slayer up on his offer...he knows his sh-t for sure.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline USAFicefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hooked Up
« Reply #9 on: Nov 05, 2014, 05:31 PM »
cat26fish have you fished chatfield at all? I was thinking about heading up there a few times this year after work since it is so much closer.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2014, 01:10 PM »
It sounds like you have made some pretty good contacts and certainly you'll pick up a lot of tricks no matter who you go with. I haven't fished Antero in a few years but it used to hold some real monster trout. I mostly fish Elevenmile since it's a little closer and has everything I need in a fishery. I wouldn't be very good as a companion since I always say that there's no man that walks the earth that's been skunked at Elevenmile as often as me. When I do get action though it's worth the effort. Good luck.
Stinky
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline cat26fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 07, 2014, 03:06 PM »
Thanks everyone for the response.    Looking forward to meeting up, and cant wait for some ice.

Cheers,
Brad

Offline Dog-duster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's the ice?
« Reply #12 on: Nov 09, 2014, 07:50 AM »
I don't fish either of those lakes very often but I.fish a few others a lot. I'll to shoot you a pm with my number and I'll try to drop you a line when I go. I take most of my vacation days in the winter so I can hit the ice when it's not a zoo. Good partners for ice fishing are usually few and far between. Like you said, most don't make it a priority to be in the ice over sleeping in or doing anything else.

Offline trout_hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 09, 2014, 08:26 PM »
Can add me to the list of springs people to hit up. I usually head some place to ice fish each weekend and have everything and a couple of eskimo shelters ( 3 and 6 man quickfishes). This will only be my 2nd year hitting stuff here in CO though.

Offline COlipripper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2014, 12:36 PM »
Antero and the mile are 2 of my favorite places to go early season.
For the close to home stuff in mid-season, I ice BCL and Chatfield. I live in Denver and am always looking for fellow die hards who put ice fishing before sleep and booze.
I've had the same things happen to me while waiting for my friends at a meet up spot at 4 or 5 am. Then I go up solo...which is still fun but it's always better when you C&R that biggun to have someone to compete with ;)

Feel free to PM me or post openly on here and I'll likely meet you there.

Ice mongrel - Adam
Selective harvest works!

Offline Soclose2far

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 16, 2014, 11:22 PM »
I've been fishing the mile for the past couple of years but I'm coming from Cheyenne WY. Would be willing to meet up there/possibly split on fuel, just hard with two sleds and gear. Has anyone been out that way yet this year? How's the ice/fishing?

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 17, 2014, 06:46 AM »
I've been fishing the mile for the past couple of years but I'm coming from Cheyenne WY. Would be willing to meet up there/possibly split on fuel, just hard with two sleds and gear. Has anyone been out that way yet this year? How's the ice/fishing?
Holy guacamole! That's some pretty good windshield time from Cheyenne to Elevenmile. It's a bit early for ice up there. You can track 11milesports.com every Thursday or just keep your eye on this website. There will be plenty of chatter when Antero and the Mile skin over.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline pescadoholic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 21, 2014, 05:36 AM »
Feel free to hit me up anytime! My goal this year is to go every weekend my husband & I  have been hoping to find others who won't bail on us! :) The mile is my favorite antero not so much lol. We live in the springs & also ice Monument, Deweese and skaguay. Planning on adding tarryall, chatfield & cherry creek to that list this year...
Hooked is an understatement...

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 21, 2014, 02:51 PM »
I've had the same things happen to me while waiting for my friends at a meet up spot at 4 or 5 am. Then I go up solo...which is still fun but it's always better when you C&R that biggun to have someone to compete with ;)

And take the picture  ;)  It sucks trying to get good pics by yourself

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.