Author Topic: Where is Everyone from/Goals for the season  (Read 2442 times)

Offline gillsforthrills92

• IceShanty Rookie
Where is Everyone from/Goals for the season
« on: Nov 04, 2014, 08:18 AM »
Just excited for the 2014-2015 Ice season.  Just wanted to check in and see where everyone is from.  Along with a goal for this season, MY goal is to try an get out more and  really try to learn one lake this year.   I ive in Chicago now, But I am from Lansing,IL.
I'm hoping we get ice by the 15th of Dec.   :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
Re: Where is Everyone from/Goals for the season
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2014, 10:43 AM »
I'm from west peoria. I just hope to get on the ice this year. Finally got the gear I wanted at the end of last season and with all the snow only got out twice!
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2014, 01:02 PM »
Southern LaSalle county. I hope to get out to new lakes in Wisconsin this year. Hopefully green bay and the Chip Flowage. I would love to go back to the turtle flowage again too.
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2014, 01:28 PM »
Northern Mchenry County here. Have a trip planned to Erie this year. Lets just hope for good ice there this year. Also want to stock the freezer with crappie. We eat a lot of them. I don't keep fish from any other time of year. Fish caught out of ice cold water just tastes better to me and my family.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2014, 09:21 PM »
SW Burbs here. I'll be back to northern Wisconsin for early ice I hope by Thanksgiving( Villas County) then work my way back down south with weekly trips to where ever the fish are biting( its great being retired at 53 and single). I love fishing the chain here in IL and the Madison Chain.
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline VanderLaan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2014, 10:33 AM »
NW of Springfield.  I hope to fish new/different lakes and ponds this year.  Last year, I stuck to two - because they were close.   ::)
The test of man is not how how far he will go to win, but how far he will go when he has already lost.

Offline 82

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2014, 05:15 PM »
I'm from Dixon. Started ice fishing about five years ago. I have been upgrading my equipment every year since. I plan on ordering a flasher soon. My goal this season is to catch a gill worth hanging on the wall. Would also really like to get into a mess of perch some time.

Offline polski

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's never to cold too drink beer
« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2014, 06:59 PM »
Libertyville get out more and try new waters

Offline werg29

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 10, 2014, 10:22 PM »
Vermilion county, I hope to get out more than just a few times this year.  I would also like to have a night trip or two......channels and crappie are the targets

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2014, 10:44 AM »
i'm from illinois and my non quantifiable non specific goal is also to go fishing more

Offline JiggerDan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2014, 10:47 AM »
Catch more pike than last year and hopefully land my new PB! ;D
Jesus ain't the only one who walks on water!

Offline ratsotail

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spring bobbers and ratsotails!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 11, 2014, 02:50 PM »
I live on the southern-most fringe of ice fishing in Columbia, IL (a bit south and east of St. Louis). My goal (a.k.a wish) for this year is to fish as many days as last year and to meet a few more folks from the board. Ice fisherman are a strange breed and it feels good to be amongst those with a similar passion for the sport @) ;D.

tight lines,

ratsotail

Offline CharlieBrn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 11, 2014, 05:01 PM »
From Palmer Alaska but originally from Byron Illinois.  You guys are having colder weather right now than we are......strange I know.  Good luck this season to you all.

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 11, 2014, 06:58 PM »
Already got my first trip planned out for the week after Thanksgiving. If the weather holds as predicted there should be fishable ice in Central Wisconsin. Chomping at the bit to walk on water!~!!!!!!

Offline crayphish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 11, 2014, 08:23 PM »
fish. a lot. this will be the first year i will have a shanty, a heater, an gas auger, and an electronic. while not all are top of the line. having all four for the year is going to be awesome.

Offline illinoisicer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 11, 2014, 09:52 PM »
just set up a trip to Bay de Noc....Gonna try to pull one of those trophy eye's thru the ice..

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 12, 2014, 07:02 AM »
fish. a lot. this will be the first year i will have a shanty, a heater, an gas auger, and an electronic. while not all are top of the line. having all four for the year is going to be awesome.
Crayphish,
 Sounds like your set up pretty good. I can tell you from my experiences you dont always need TOP of line equipment. A Good sound set up will build your confidence and help teach you how to find and catch more fish. Try keeping a daily log of your time on the ice ie. body of water, Weather conditions, ice thickness, time of day jigs used bait used results of bait/jig, depth, water clarity. ect ect. You will find this will help you with the current bodies of water you fish and any new but with similarities.
 I have also noted the the person who always has the TOP of line equipment is most likey a jerk just showing off or a 50 year old boy living in moms basement!!!! 

Offline ItsGutcheckTime

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2014, 04:50 PM »
Melrose Park here, family is in Ingleside and Island Lake, would like to meet new people and learn new lakes near McHenry/Lake county,
even go on a few guide trips possibly...

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2014, 10:19 AM »
Aurora here.  Looking to get out as much as possible this winter.  My target this year will be bullgills and crappie.  I take a trip up north every year for pike and that is a  lot of fun.  if anyone from the western burbs wants to join in on the local action just let me know. 
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 17, 2014, 10:09 AM »
I live in Marshall County.  Would like to meet some new folks that love the hard water as much as i do.  I will be targeting gills and crappie as usual.

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 17, 2014, 10:43 AM »
My goal is to finally land a pike threw the ice over 40 have had many 36-39 threw the ice just can't break that 40 mark threw the ice in open water I have no  problem doing it and I am from belvidere
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline DaleL57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 17, 2014, 08:02 PM »
Roselle here. Try to get out more. Ice Shanty set up in the garage, gear layed out in the basement. All I have to do is load the truck and I'm ready to go!

Offline muskiewrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born to fish
« Reply #22 on: Nov 17, 2014, 08:10 PM »
Palos Hills here, and the goals that I have this season are... 1) STAY SAFE!!! 2) Catch that pike I almost landed last season 3)Like every year, try to get my first ever muskie through the ice 4) Outfish my buddy this season  ::)
Be who you are and don't listen to others that say you shouldn't. That's how life should be lived as.

Offline cubanice27

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Nov 18, 2014, 09:35 PM »
from albany park chicago, but got married and live in arlington heights now. First year ice fishing alone in illinois. Picked up my own gear this year. A used older vexilar off craigslist, and eskimo quickfish 2, and some other things. STOKED for ice fishing and ice fishing alone this year with my own gear. Would love to go ice fishing with anyone. First six pack is on me!!!

Offline soarky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Nov 24, 2014, 06:49 PM »
Aurora here.  Looking to get out as much as possible this winter.  My target this year will be bullgills and crappie.  I take a trip up north every year for pike and that is a  lot of fun.  if anyone from the western burbs wants to join in on the local action just let me know.

Also from Aurora (North Aurora specifically), but I just moved to the area and haven't found many good local waters as of yet. Grew up out in Ottawa and I've bounced around suburbia for awhile now. Started ice fishing last season but I have a reasonable set up. Always looking to get together, find some new water and meet some new people if you'd want to get together.

Goals are to learn how to catch more fish and define my presentations

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.