The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Long range forcast  (Read 4093 times)

Offline Bearcat75

• IceShanty Rookie
Long range forcast
« on: Nov 03, 2014, 04:02 PM »
Next weeks forcast, highs in the mid to lower 20's and lows in the mid to lower teens for northern wis, if the weather would hold up like that we will be on the ice by deer season🎣🍻
Will Fish For Food!

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Re: Long range forcast
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2014, 12:20 PM »
I'm heading up for Thanksgiving weekend.....I don't know if I'll get the ATV out, but it sure is looking like walking will be a possibility.

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2014, 08:43 AM »
Heck I'm going to be checking a local pond this weekend  ;D

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2014, 10:29 AM »
If all goes as well I think we should be driving on by second to third week in December. Man I cant wait.

Offline CharlieBrn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2014, 04:58 PM »
I'd be happy with those temps up here in Palmer.  Yesterday and today hit 50 and our lows right now are the same as your highs.  Did have a good 4 inches in the making but then this warm stuff just want to let go.

Offline upnortfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2014, 09:10 PM »
I think I will be finding fishable ice this weekend, big snow cover now is going to help keep that cold air, wind is supposed to let up tomorrow. will be searching Saturday and hopefully fishing Sunday. If not this weekend then I sure hope to shoot a deer on opening day and can fish the rest of the days I took off for hunting. Will definitely be fishing before Thanksgiving up here.

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2014, 07:32 AM »
I'm hopefully that I can find some fishable ice within an hour of so of Madison by the weekend of 11/22

Offline WildMN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2014, 12:23 PM »
Heres hoping, I dont deer hunt but would love to be fishing by then.  Nothing above freezing predicted for the next two weeks so 4" of ice is a strong possibility.

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2014, 03:19 PM »
See I'm crazy enough to venture out on 2 inches and I know of a backwater that can produce some quality gills.  Driving across the Mississippi into Red Wing the backwater between the channels was frozen.

Offline tapone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 2014, 06:40 PM »
If it stays this way, the week of deer hunting is a possibility. Hoping to get a deer on opening weekend and then fish the rest of the week. This is one GOOD thing about this cold weather. Bring it on!

Anyone that fishes Lake Noq by Crivitz, the local fishing club planted 2500 walleyes and will be putting in some rock piles this winter. Fish a rama is the last weekend in Feb. again this year.
Born to fish, fish to live..... gotta drink something so it might as well be a cold beer!

Offline Big Red Shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2014, 10:33 AM »
Uh oh, I really hope it doesn't warm up that much by next weekend...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/appleton-wi/54911/november-weather/331517

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2014, 10:43 AM »
I'd be happy with those temps up here in Palmer.  Yesterday and today hit 50 and our lows right now are the same as your highs.  Did have a good 4 inches in the making but then this warm stuff just want to let go.
   Hang in there, we will start to cool down again. This morning is a good start.  :tipup:

Offline Madgill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 2014, 09:17 PM »
It's darn cold out there! Some of the local ponds freezing up here in Madison. Cherokee Marsh or Monona Bay may be ready soon!

Offline Madgill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 16, 2014, 05:38 PM »
Monona Bay not safe yet, drove by this afternoon. Say two guys in a boat venture out from South Shore Drive (Park st) all the way across to the main lake. It looks like snow covered slush(not ice), be careful out there! Guy at Dorn's said they were fishing Mud Lake, not for me! Last night's snow will make things unpredictable, maybe next weekend?

Offline FilletShow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 17, 2014, 08:38 PM »
Saw a boat on upper mud this morning, but river north of beltline was frozen, and mud on east end, and toward trestle was also frozen.  Where did he come from, and where did he go?  Not worth it when the temp is 10 degrees and the wind is 20mph.  Almost looked like there were guys near the shore on us where the walk in access is, but couldn't tell, as I was driving.

Offline FilletShow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 24, 2014, 05:58 AM »
Although its early to be on the ice, and those of us that got out before the warm weather and rain in the southern part of the state are thankful, I hope they are wrong about next week.  Cold again to make ice through the thanksgiving weekend, but 50's and rain again for the days following?  Stop teasing us Mother Nature!

FS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 25, 2014, 12:29 PM »
Its looking like those highs in the 50s next week are out of the forecast they are now 40s which is better.

Offline Big Red Shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 26, 2014, 11:03 PM »
Its looking like those highs in the 50s next week are out of the forecast they are now 40s which is better.

By the time Tuesday rolls around it will probably be like 25 :p

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 03, 2014, 11:25 AM »
Triangles are being fished now

What???

Offline cyclones30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 03, 2014, 08:04 PM »
Long range is showing above average temps for the next 10-14 days. Then a cool down for the holidays again. Not good for increased ice, but I'd think the places that are good now should hold up for at least a while.

Scroll down to the last map if you want a summary. http://www.iowachase.com/the-heat-is-on-2/

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #20 on: Dec 04, 2014, 03:52 PM »
I don't put much faith in any forecast over 3 or 4 days out. But the 10 day looks like we won't see anything above 32° until a week from now 12/11/14 around Hayward WI. Ice fishing is in full swing here.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #21 on: Dec 04, 2014, 04:07 PM »
I don't put much faith in any forecast over 3 or 4 days out. But the 10 day looks like we won't see anything above 32° until a week from now 12/11/14 around Hayward WI. Ice fishing is in full swing here.
:roflmao: :woot:

Here's one you can take to the bank, or, just take it to heart and plan on a garden, maybe somewhere in the deep south.   :o

A review of the book 'Dark Winter'

Posted: Monday, December 1, 2014 12:00 am

There is a new book out entitled; DARK WINTER, by John L. Casey, a former White House National Space Agency Advisor, NASA Head-quarters consultant and Space Shuttle engineer.

Casey in this book tells what I believe to be the TRUTH about ominous changes currently beginning to take place on the sun.

Casey's decade of research into the Sun's activity resulted in his discovery of a cooler cycle with far less than normal sunspots that will bring on a long series of 'brutally harsh' winter seasons around the globe. He believes that this new EXTREMELY FRIGID CLIMATE will "dramatically impact the world's citizens."

In his book, Casey provides convincing evidence of the following:

1. That GLOBAL WARMING has already ended.

2. That we have begun to see a 30-YEAR COLD CYCLE of 'SOLAR HIBERNATION,' a historic reduction in the energy output of the Sun.

3. We should see a sharp long-term drop in the average temperature of the Earth.

4. This rather 'sudden' climate change to the colder side of the mercurial scale should bring on decades of DANGEROUSLY, SOMETIMES FATAL, COLD CONDITIONS.

5. Casey also predicts an extended period of a record number of EARTHQUAKES and VOLCANIC ERUPTIONS, especially in the 'Ring of Fire' nations surrounding the Pacific Ocean.

As I've mentioned frequently in my newspaper columns over the past 50 years, including nearly 25 years with the Coeur d'Alene Press, there are definite cycles of 'GREAT ICE EPOCHS' that recur on a regular basis of approximately every 200, 400, 800 and 2,000 years.

The last really frigid cycle occurred during what has been called the 'Dalton Minimum' in the early 1800s and at the end of the 'Little Ice Age.' The previous 'Maunder Minimum' cold weather phase in the early to mid 1600s actually froze the Thames River in London most winter seasons. This allowed residents to hold annual 'Ice Fairs.'

Casey's predictions for EXTREME COLD will likely result in an INCREASED DEADLY FAMINE on a global scale sometime within the next 2-5 years or sooner as I predicted last week. This famine could end up being the worst such shortage of food worldwide in at least 800 years, since the early 1200s.

The last time that we saw an extremely cold cycle in the early 1800s, most people grew at least some of their own food. Now, 200 years later, most people on Earth are 'urban dwellers' totally dependent on fewer and fewer farmers each year. With more than 7 billion mouths to feed on the planet, as John Casey said, "We are in BIG TROUBLE!"

Offline husb0023

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Punching Holes in Wisconsin Since 1986
« Reply #22 on: Dec 11, 2014, 09:33 AM »
Had about 4-1/2"-6" ice in Bayfield County on Sunday.  Should be plenty of ice around for the foreseeable future.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #23 on: Dec 11, 2014, 02:56 PM »
With 15 hours of dark and only 9 hours of daylight I doubt we will lose anything this weekend. It only warms up to the high temperature for about 3 hours in the afternoon then starts to drop again near dark. It is funny sometimes how it is warm at my house say 38° but when out on the lake my holes are still icing over with skim ice.

Offline Madgill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 11, 2014, 08:02 PM »
Yikes, now I got the rest of the year off from work, my usual annual ice fishing frenzy, this weather does not look too good for safe ice! I got out early and did well (takes the pressure off), let's hope we get some cold weather and safe ice! I may push it a bit on Cherokee next week, will see what happens with the weekend warmup and rain?

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 15, 2014, 06:51 PM »
I nutted up and went out for a couple hours this evening.  The high temps and rain didn't seem to hurt too bad.  Measured the ice at 7.5" in an area that I estimated had 8 to 9 before.  It was definitely thinner around old holes from all the sloshing though.  Areas with current wont fair quite as well I'm sure due to extra flow.  The nice thing is the rain took care of the milky ice/snow top layer and I could see through the ice again.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline Crazinamatese

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 26, 2014, 08:27 PM »
Daytime temps are supposed to drop well below freezing next week.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #27 on: Dec 26, 2014, 11:01 PM »
BEARCAT75   is this what you had in mind when you set this topic up on Nov,3rd ?     Come back and say something, please.      ;)2

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Dec 27, 2014, 01:57 AM »
I like the topic its been helping me narrow down where to try and not try ;)

Gator stick to ID and tell me where to go when i get back! :) ;)

As far as Southern WI i tried about 4 lakes on friday afternoon, went up around Prairie du sac, saw guys out on fish and crystal but it was about 3-4 and soft. They were more gutsy than me thats for sure. Mid week next week looks promising things should harden up and start gaining ice by tuesday or wednesday. Right in time for me to leave :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.