Author Topic: Baffins  (Read 653 times)

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Baffins
« on: Oct 30, 2014, 08:10 PM »
I'm looking at getting a pair of Baffin Impacts. I was going to get the Cabelas Saskatchewan but they aren't in yet and nobody knows when they will be. I have a couple of questions about the Impacts. Baffins website has them and they call them impacts 10. Zappos has two different styles- 08 and 09. Is that the year they are? Are they really five year old new boots? And how waterproof are they?

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
Re: Baffins
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2014, 09:48 PM »
Not sure about the boots you are talking about but I have a pair of Baffin Titans and they are the WARMEST boots that I have ever worn.  They are rated to -148°F.  No cold toes here 😀
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2014, 10:26 PM »
I bought some baffins last year and they are super warm

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2014, 04:12 AM »
I'm looking at getting a pair of Baffin Impacts. I was going to get the Cabelas Saskatchewan but they aren't in yet and nobody knows when they will be. I have a couple of questions about the Impacts. Baffins website has them and they call them impacts 10. Zappos has two different styles- 08 and 09. Is that the year they are? Are they really five year old new boots? And how waterproof are they?

From all the research I've done on these boots, very little information on your last question...How waterproof are they? How are they in the ankle deep/deeper water laying under the slush thats at your shins walking out and standing in all day? Those are the conditions I'm wondering about that a lot of us faced last year. Very little information on how they are in extremely wet conditions....apprecia te any replies! 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2014, 04:42 AM »

noticed different tread design ...that may be the difference
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2014, 05:08 AM »
Baffin Impacts are good boots. Very warm, they handle some water okay. But I would not want to stand in water all day with them.  Titans are the ones you want. If you are going to be standing in water all day. Both are rated to 148 below zero. Check E-bay for them. During the summer they were $79.00.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2014, 05:29 AM »
Thank you UFCreel....the Titans were what I thought would be the better for wet conditions as well.  :thumbsup:

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 2014, 05:51 AM »
Love my Baffins.... ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2014, 06:56 AM »
I don't want to go with the Titans because Im not a fan of the rubber boots in the winter. I love my mucks any other time of the year though! With that being said, judging by the pictures, I do believe that the impacts aren't a rubber boot. Is that correct?

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 31, 2014, 06:59 AM »
They have some rubber. Really look into the Titans. They are extreme winter boots. Or go with Mickey boots white. Just not as tall as the Titians.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline BLUJBURD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish...Fish...Fish
« Reply #10 on: Oct 31, 2014, 11:40 AM »
Just got a pair of Shackletons. Rubber base leather uppers.  I'm just nailing them with some bear guard and hope they don't leak if I'm standing in slush for hours.
I have a BS in Narrative Fishing History.

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
« Reply #11 on: Oct 31, 2014, 12:33 PM »
If you want dry warm feet get the Titans.  Wicked comfortable and the water can be 12" deep and you will still be dry.
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.