Author Topic: Ice Fishing Chicago Harbors  (Read 1432 times)

Offline gillsforthrills92

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Fishing Chicago Harbors
« on: Oct 29, 2014, 03:48 PM »
 I just moved into the city. I have some weekends, that I can't make it to my normal spots out in IN and northern IL.  But I would like to ice fish the harbors.  Montorse, diversy, belmont, etc..... I have seen guys out there for perch.  Has anyone ever set up tip ups for trout and pike out there. 

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice Fishing Chicago Harbors
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2014, 07:17 PM »
I'm sure they have. I to would like to fish the harbors but jig for perch. i have 3 tip ups but have not used them in years. good luck out there maybe we can met up  and pound the fish .
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline gillsforthrills92

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2014, 10:08 PM »
Thanks. Yes. Always down to fish.  I wish the IL page was used more... I'll post a day when I'm heading out there. Just gotta hope we get a good winter again!

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2014, 06:08 AM »
Sounds good to me. I'm already set to go just finished making a Smitty sled for this year after all that darn snow we had last year.

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2014, 02:50 PM »
Dont forget to get the dock pass from Henry's Bait shop at 31st and Canal. This pass will also allow for free parking in the designated area's.

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2014, 11:23 AM »
Dont forget to get the dock pass from Henry's Bait shop at 31st and Canal. This pass will also allow for free parking in the designated area's.

Should find some time today to finish up mine also. Measure twice drill once ....

Poorboy

Offline Coss13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2014, 10:56 AM »
We fished Montorse last year did well on the perch.  other people I know have done very well on browns and steelheads in the harbor on tip ups too.
Looking forward to  getting back out there to get some trout or pike from the Mighty Mich.
It's all about how you wiggle your worm in the ice hole

Offline DaleL57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2014, 11:49 AM »
Don't forget to bring your fishing license when purchasing a pier pass. Drove down to Henry's to but one and was turned away cause I didn't have it on me.

Offline cubanice27

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2014, 06:44 PM »
I would love to try and fish montrose. I'm very familiar with the area. So I have my fishing lisc. But I also need a pier pass as well? Hope to meet up with a few of you out there. Ill bring the first six pack!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.