The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: It's on its way!  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
It's on its way!
« on: Oct 28, 2014, 10:55 AM »
It is 36* right now at 10:30 AM on Oct 28th.  The wind is blowing at 25 MPH.  I saw some snowflakes this morning as I backed out of the driveway.  It should be cold for the next 10 days or so.  Lows in mid to high 20s and highs in the 40s to maybe 51* according to Wunderground weather site.  This should cool Devils Lake waters down a bit so it freezes quickly once the time does come. 
I'm slowly getting my equipment ready.  Upgrading my #2 vexilar from an FL 8 to FL 18.  Rewiring my Zack Shack for lights, fan, and equipment connections.  Going to add some shelving and rod racks as well.  I found two swivel rockers at a garage sale this summer.  They are just the right size to fit in the ZS so my wife and I can fish in comfort this winter.  Couldn't pass up two fishing chairs like that for $10.   ;D  I am thinking of mounting a rod holder on the side of mine to let the chair do the jigging while I am rocking. 
I am charging batteries on the electronics, started the Lazer the other day, and will have to bring the single and the two man flips out of storage to inspect them for any repairs they might need. 
Man this is fun.  Can't wait.   :icefish: :clap: :thumbsup:  Are you all ready for this???

Offline IllNsickly

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: It's on its way!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2014, 09:17 PM »
AWWWW YEAH!!!! I think I counted 100 or so magical snowflakes and celebrated the low numbers on the ol' thermo meter today!! Don't have much gear to prep, but I am READY!!
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they are going to feel all day"
                                                Churchill

Offline Bengals1013

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2014, 08:54 AM »
Great ice making weather today!

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2014, 09:03 AM »
That's for sure.  10* and only 7mph wind at 9:00.  Could get to 0* tonight.  Should be making ice soon!! :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline dmoen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2014, 09:55 PM »
Ooh it's on its way, no, it's here! On the hard water tonight and hopefully all day tomorrow!  Looks like it supposed to warm back up next week tho.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2014, 10:13 PM »
I was out driving around yesterday and today and anything smaller than say 5 acres if frozen over with a few large "sheltered" sloughs frozen over too, the famous ND wind played grief with the larger bodies of water.  The only good thing about the wind is it stirred up the water in the larger sloughs and lakes and cooled the water off a lot.

Offline Cfilbert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2014, 05:43 PM »
Well I made it on the ice this morning.  Three solid inches on the buiox de soiux river this morning.  Make da couple of fish but couldn't get any of them to bite. Maybe tomorrow morning I will have better luck.
Is the ice thick enough yet?

Offline burck17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 15, 2014, 09:02 PM »
Should be any time now I'm thinking Saturday next week try for first trip? Anyone think ice will be fishable by then?

Offline FinnHunt3r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2014, 12:10 AM »
I searching for safe ice tomorrow!  :tipup:

Offline manderson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2014, 01:57 PM »
Can't wait to get out there this year. I hope we have some solid ice for thanksgiving this year!

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 18, 2014, 02:48 PM »
If this wind doesn't die down for a day or two we'll never get ice on DL. 

http://www.gondtc.com/webcam-lakewood.html

Offline burck17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 18, 2014, 04:18 PM »
Anyone find solid ice yet? The river behind my house is looking promising but not quite brave enough to test it yet

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #12 on: Nov 18, 2014, 07:58 PM »
If nothing else gets in the way I'm going out for a look at a couple of lake tomorrow, will post what I find.

Offline burck17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 19, 2014, 03:05 PM »
Darling has fishable ice individual I saw with gear reported 5 inches and a few walleye

Offline Eyes R Bitin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 20, 2014, 09:04 AM »
This view was open water yesterday with the wind blowing.  Looks like ICE to me this morning.  Hope it stays this way.

http://www.gondtc.com/webcam-lakewood.html

:thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :woot: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline FinnHunt3r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2014, 05:20 PM »
Been too busy working, got called in that day, hopefully Monday I will be out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.