Author Topic: Looking for info/reviews for an Eskimo Quick Flip 1  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
I am looking for a one man flip shelter that will fit under the tonneau cover on my Ford Ranger PU. I only have approx 17" of clearance with the cover closed and this is the only shelter that appears that might fit under it. I really wanted a Shappell FX100, but it's collapsed height is 18"and will not fit.

So I am looking for some reviews good or bad. I couldn't find anything on line, so thought that some of you guys might be using one of these. What concerns me is how much fishing room is there if you remove the seat and sit on it in front of the sled. I normally only drill one hole and run my transducer and fish from that hole, but sometimes like to fish another rod deadstick. Also, has anyone done away with the provided seat and just built a bench seat across the front?

Thanks

Dave

Offline Burtess

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Looking for info/reviews for an Eskimo Quick Flip 1
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2014, 05:31 PM »
Have you seen one in person and put a tape on it?  I just measured mine and it is over 17" at the bracket end, more like 17.5".

The tripod chair sits in the sled with your feet our front, and in this configuration I have enough room out front for 2 holes (one for sonar, one for rod), sonar, and buddy heater.  I don't know why you would want to sit in front of the sled, you would for sure not have enough room.

Construction is decent, you need to keep an eye on stitching as I had one start to come loose.  I just sealed them all over with some Aquaseal.  The brackets for the poles is double with the poles bolting in between it.  This looks more sturdy than the Clam models I looked at.

Got it at the beginning of last season and it worked well for me, I would buy one again.

Burt :)

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2014, 07:44 PM »
Burt

Thanks for the info. No I haven't measured one. But I did measure my clearance under my tonneau cover and it's more like 16 1/2". So I guess no matter what I get I am not going to be able to haul it in the back of my truck and keep it covered. It does sound like it would fit my needs. I don't know why I said I wanted to sit in front of the sled. Doesn't make much sense. Hopefully, I can take a look at one soon.

Dave

Offline Burtess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2014, 09:08 PM »
Not a great pic but it shows what the space looks like from the fisherman's perspective lol... I think that is a 27" rod.

Burt :)

Offline BuffaloIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2014, 02:17 AM »
I'd rather stick with my quickfish 3
And so it begins........

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2014, 08:13 AM »
Burt. Thanks for posting the pic. Looks like it would provide enough room.

Dave

Offline Eye Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2014, 06:48 PM »
I just ordered a Clam Legend XL thermal. Have not recieved it yet. On Clams site it says the pack size is L43" W35" H14". A couple buddys have those shantys and they are very compact.

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2014, 03:04 PM »
I just ordered a Clam Legend XL thermal. Have not recieved it yet. On Clams site it says the pack size is L43" W35" H14". A couple buddys have those shantys and they are very compact.

Thanks! That certainly would fit, but the price is a bit more than I want to spend. But it is something to consider.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.