Author Topic: Ice fishing toys  (Read 3650 times)

Offline fishingguy1000

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice fishing toys
« on: Oct 25, 2014, 11:33 AM »
was in at Wholesale Regina the other day...they have the Ion's for 599 (Cabelas 699) also have gas and propane augers in stock, Marcum LX3, lx5's, lx7's and lx9's (1199 instead of 1399 like Cabela's). Have a good selection of ice rod and rells, and other things

Offline Extreme Sask Angling

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ESA
Re: Ice fishing toys
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2014, 02:04 PM »
I also noticed cabelas super high prices? Good thing they say the will "price match" but I think I will save the grife and just shop at wholesale, or online.
The ice angler is a different breed of fisherman. Undeterred by distance, daylight or degrees, these warriors go to extreme measures to chase down the fish attempting to wait out winter below the frozen surface. Through 10-inch holes positioned amidst miles of ice they engage the elusive walleye one-by-one, yeah it's crazy, and some may never understand it.

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2014, 06:22 PM »
PLEASE go support your smaller local vendors, they're almost always cheaper and they honestly know the gear they sell better than most the kids at most big box stores. I know people at Wholesale and Cabelas and they're great but don't forget to support the smaller stores that support us as well!

If you're in Regina the guys at Northern Rod and Pokeys should always be your first stop when it comes time to buy new gear, don't like their prices or can't find what you're looking for? Talk to them!! See what they can do, often you will be surprised as to how far they will go to try and help.
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline chop1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2014, 07:01 PM »
Here in Edmonton , wholesale sports is more money then cabela's and the service ,not so good

Offline sidescan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2014, 08:49 AM »
Cabela's USA Sebile Vibrato blade lure, $8.95 on sale, regular price $9.95 here Canada $19.95. Even with exchange etc. come on! Tired of the huge differance in pricing between the two country's. Ever notice Cabela's Canada does not stock the new trick items, we get the stuffed Bass toys etc up here in what really are Cabela's junk store outlets. Go into a big USA Cabela's and u will see. Shop local Fishing Hole Wholesale Sports etc. Even Bass Pro has free shipping into Canada, Cabela's not, free shipping to store but only for the junk on Cabela's Canada website! what a joke. Shop local as much as possible. Just my opionion.Fish safe.

Offline charski

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2014, 12:05 AM »
Bass Pro rocks but were have you found free shipping to Canada? Please let me know.

Offline sidescan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2014, 07:42 AM »
Bass Pro web site. Sometimes they have a mininum like $50.00 and up for free shipping. Been like that for over a year.

Offline Blaine Lutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2014, 05:14 PM »
PLEASE go support your smaller local vendors, they're almost always cheaper and they honestly know the gear they sell better than most the kids at most big box stores. I know people at Wholesale and Cabelas and they're great but don't forget to support the smaller stores that support us as well!

If you're in Regina the guys at Northern Rod and Pokeys should always be your first stop when it comes time to buy new gear, don't like their prices or can't find what you're looking for? Talk to them!! See what they can do, often you will be surprised as to how far they will go to try and help.

Agree totally.  CABELAS the MOST EXPENSIVE sports store in Regina!
Always willing to try something new.

Offline amatue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 10, 2014, 05:33 PM »
Is there a place in Regina that sells the clam bracket for a 20v electric drill to mount on a hand auger .??

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2014, 11:59 PM »
Ice fishing toys??  Make your own.

Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline darrenf442

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2014, 11:36 AM »
Cabelas will match price, but the other store has to be within 100-200 Km i think and they will phone to make sure they have it in stock, if its not in stock they wont match the price. Cabelas in Saskatoon told me you can order from Cabelas in the USA and have it shipped up here. Bass pro is 90% always cheaper , ive spent thousands through there website. Free shipping    ( still usually $3.50)  3-4 times a year they have spend over $125 and pay for it over 6 month of equal payments, and you can have 2 separate orders going at the same time. I've had 2 bass pro orders going for the last 4 years. Love getting a huge box of lures/ plastics ect every spring. usually do a $300 order of lures ect every spring. then pay my 50 bucks a month for it.  As for pricing cheapest is usually Basspro then fishin hole then Cabelas.  No matter what i will always buy fish finders , trolling motors from the Fishin hole and shop there throughout the year

Offline pcdoc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2014, 05:12 PM »
lol a 9k winch for my truck

Offline gyman98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 16, 2014, 05:48 PM »
lol a 9k winch for my truck

Good investment!  I put one on last year and used a cut off from a screw pile to make a anchor.  Now if I need a winch anchor point out on the ice I just drill a hole 30ft away, drop my pipe in, hook on the cable and out she comes

Offline pcdoc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 16, 2014, 06:22 PM »
lol I put a receiver in frt and can move it frt or rear ,, use a 6x6 to hook  to

Offline ggpr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 17, 2014, 11:42 AM »
The winch and screw pile pipe idea is great!!  I will have to collect myself a piece next time i am on a job site with some.  Or perhaps i could get by with a old piece of 6 inch auger from work.  How big is your piece of pipe and how deep do you usually sink it?

Offline pcdoc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 17, 2014, 12:14 PM »
I just drill a hole in the ice an drop in the 6x6 wrap around a chain and hook on

Offline gyman98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 17, 2014, 12:38 PM »
The winch and screw pile pipe idea is great!!  I will have to collect myself a piece next time i am on a job site with some.  Or perhaps i could get by with a old piece of 6 inch auger from work.  How big is your piece of pipe and how deep do you usually sink it?

I have 2, one 6" and one  8".  I put a 2ft chunk of 3/4" threaded rod through the bottom hole on the top.  Both are about 30" long.  When I need it I drill a hole on a slight angle away from where I am stuck and drop it in.  The threaded rod stops it from going down the hole and leaves its sticking up 6".  Hook the winch cable on and your in business. 

I have a 9000lb truck with a 12000lb winch, no troubles so far

Offline Warren_G

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 17, 2014, 01:25 PM »
I saw the Winch-in-a-bag at Princess Auto last year and thought it might be handy for on the ice. I didn't know how to make an anchor, but from these ideas it might not be too hard. I cant imagine needing more than 2500 lb of winch if it is only to pull myself off a snow drift. Anyone ever used one of these?
http://www.superwinch.com/c/utility_winch-in-a-bag

Offline gyman98

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 17, 2014, 02:07 PM »
My dad has one,  says it works great

I also carry a anchor I made out of 15m rebar in my rhino.  Cordless drill and a auger bit and I'm set

Offline Pokeys Tackle Shop

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
  • One stop shop for all your ice fishing needs!
« Reply #19 on: Nov 20, 2014, 01:17 PM »
Is there a place in Regina that sells the clam bracket for a 20v electric drill to mount on a hand auger .??

Just wanted to let you know we carry the Clam 20v electric drill mount in Regina at Pokey's Tackle Shop. Take care

Offline sidescan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 21, 2014, 07:52 AM »
Been using a HT tip down and like it a lot ,they are cheap but found it tippy and was hard to keep the lower wingnuts tight because they were so small. Drilled out the 1/8 inch. lower bolt and replaced with a 1/4 inch with a big wingnut. Also drilled a hole in the mount and now fasten down to the ice with a Eskimo ice screw, now it works great does not shift around without having to put a big weight on the base. U can jig while in the unit and is very sensetive to the lightest bites.Great addition to my fishing tools. Fish safe.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.