The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New Member to IceShanty  (Read 1117 times)

Offline tgunn12

• IceShanty Rookie
New Member to IceShanty
« on: Oct 25, 2014, 08:30 AM »
Good morning all,
I am a new member not only to IceShanty, but to Ice Fishing itself. I joined this group on the recommendation of another member, and I look forward to reading and learning more about Ice Fishing, where to go, and tips on how to succeed. I live in Northeast PA, and I am looking for lakes to learn on. I live near Beltzville State Park, and several other state parks near the Poconos. Any tips and advice are welcomed!
Thank you.
Tom

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: New Member to IceShanty
« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2014, 08:39 AM »

Welcome to the site.. But this should have been posted under the PA. board..  There is a lot of information on here..  Take your time to look around....
I hope you have a safe and successful season..... 
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2014, 08:57 AM »
Welcome to the addiction!! I hope you meet up with members in you area and get out on the ice this year!! Good luck and tight lines!!  :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2014, 08:57 AM »
Welcome to the site ...SENY Pre Season Gathering is on November 8th ...if your interested

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=292918.msg3066946;topicseen#new
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2014, 09:10 PM »
Welcome to the boards!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2014, 03:37 AM »
Welcome to Ice shanty, ditto Raquettedacker's comment introduce yourself in the Pennsylvania community. I'm also form the south east New York area (seny) . If you are not to far from Interstate 84 I would be happy to meet you at the Middletown.NY. Gander Mountain on Nov.8 .
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2014, 04:47 AM »
Welcome aboard TGunn12!! There is a wealth of information on everything about Icefishing here!! It will become addicting......Hope you have a great season...  :icefish:

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2014, 10:29 AM »
Welcome to the addiction. 

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2014, 06:50 PM »
Welcome to the site and addiction, glad to have you here with us.  Put up a post like this one over in the Pennsylvania section and introduce yourself.  There are lots of us here who will help you out.

Offline mjmeyer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2014, 06:58 PM »
Welcome to Ice Shanty!
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the ice looking like an idiot.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2014, 07:05 PM »
You may regret your decision. this site is time consuming. from now til april. you'll find yourself saying "...hi, my name is Tom and I am an Ice Shanty addict...."
welcome to the site.  you'll learn a lot here and hopefully, you'll let us know how you're making out from time to time. feel free to ask questions. We've all been through it.

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 27, 2014, 09:52 AM »
Welcome! I found this site last year and it can be addicting. But it does have a lot of useful information. I especially like the local information found on the individual state forums.

Dave

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2014, 09:23 AM »
I moved this topic here to the Pennsylvania thread as it is where you are looking for info. when you think of something you want to post, check and see if there is a thread related to it ,such as this as an example. it helps to keep the site running in an orderly fashion. if I can be of any help, feel free to ask.

HIMO
                                                                                                                                         Iceshanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 28, 2014, 10:30 AM »
WELCOME ABOARD MY FRIEND.YOU WILL FIND A LOT OF INFO ON ICEFISHING ON THIS SITE.GOOD LUCK.IF YOUR EVER UP NORTHEAST PA ,WAYNE COUNTY AREA GIVE US A SHOUT,BE GLAD TO TAKE YOU OUT. :)

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 31, 2014, 06:00 PM »
You picked the right place to learn everything you ever wanted to know about ice fishing.  You can click on Community at the top of the page and find your state or anything else.  Welcome and glad to have ya.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 31, 2014, 10:52 PM »
Welcome to the site,lots of good info and guys here on this site  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.