Author Topic: Vexilar fish phone  (Read 499 times)

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
Vexilar fish phone
« on: Oct 24, 2014, 05:17 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this. I'm thinking about picking one of these up for the upcoming season. I've seen a couple YouTube videos and they seem to work pretty well. Thoughts?

Offline tafts ta

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Professional Ice Guide, Tournament Angler, TV Host
Re: Vexilar fish phone
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2014, 05:23 PM »
Not designed for ice fishing.  great on a Yak, or in a small boat but of little to no use ice fishing.

definitely have a cool factor, but that's about it.
Host of TV's Guiding Ice
Pro-Staff HT ENTERPRISES, Pro Staff POLAR FIRE, Pro Staff VEXILAR, Pro Staff OTTER OUTDOORS, Pro Staff PK LURES, Pro Staff DEEP FREEZE, Pro Staff Bunker Up Fishin
Pro Staff JAW JACKERS
New England's Only Authorized Representative for SnoBear Vehicles!

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2014, 05:36 PM »
I guess I should have been more specific. I'm referring to the camera not the sonar version.

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2014, 07:36 PM »
Skip it, just go vexilar flasher. The only thing i can think useful for is if you are in shanty and not mobile.
To much cable to deal with. I like being able to check a hole in seconds, nothing there move to next. Just my .02

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2014, 12:55 AM »
For me, I like the concept.  I currently use my marcum cam all the time when scouting new locations.  I think it is a useful tool to make sure the structure and habitat is what you think it is.  The wireless aspect just allows more range to your monitor.  Now my cam is limited to being dropped near my shack.  With a wireless transmitter, you can spread out further without carrying the monitor with you.  It will also accept multiple devices.  This means while scouting, I could pull the image up on my phone.  If I liked a certain area I could leave the cam and transmit to a monitor in the shanty.  Range is my only concern.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline Tim Moore

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Pro Staff Member, Educator
« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2014, 10:27 AM »
I have one and I love it. You can save video clips on your phone or tablet. Just make sure you have enough memory. Like any camera, it will limit your mobility. One plus is that anyone with a compatible phone or tablet can view whats on the camera with their own phone.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.