Author Topic: Vexilar FL-22 Ultra versus Marcum LX-6 - Lets get ready to rumble...  (Read 1555 times)

Offline chickenrancher1

• IceShanty Rookie
If you had a choice between a Vexilar FL-22 Ultra versus Marcum LX-6 for the same price $650.00CDn which would you take and why???

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
marcum.  if we are talking the fl28 its possibly more neck and neck.   

Offline flylinemt

• Team IceShanty Regular
I agree, last I went from a 22 to the 28 . Two years before I went from 20 to a the 22 . Wished I woulda stayed with the 20.i just could not tune down my jig marks like the 20 or the 28. Also had other miner problems with the 22, more annoying than anything else. Now the 28 is really nice, so many more features & way more advanced. Never been a Marcum person, except my camera. Can't really coment on them .for 650.00 I would go with a flx 28

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
oh boy, here we go  ;D
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline Eye Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Whoa!! Wait!! Stop!! Let me go pop some popcorn!!!  OK, done!! Go ahead!!  ;)2 :whistle: :callcops: :clap: :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice

I'll sit this one out. :whistle:

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
If you had a choice between a Vexilar FL-22 Ultra versus Marcum LX-6 for the same price $650.00CDn which would you take and why???

Umm.......who is trying to screw you on an FL22 for $650? You can get an FL 22 from vexilar for $470 loaded.

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
Scheels LX-6  $599

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
They are probably talking Canadian dollars.... Popcorn hot and buttery..... Let's get reaaaaady to ruuuuuuummmmble!!! lol.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
They are probably talking Canadian dollars.... Popcorn hot and buttery..... Let's get reaaaaady to ruuuuuuummmmble!!! lol.

LoL missed that................

Offline twincities86

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Yea buddy
I'm a die hard marcum guy all the way just because its a better unit all around ( lol ). But if I had to choose between the fl-22 and the marcum lx6, I would choose the vex fl-22 all day long. Reason being the screen on the lx6 is just too small for what it cost. I chose the lx7 over the 6 last year and will be buying my third marcum that will be a lx5 this year. Lx6=waste of money in my own opinion. Now my girl has the lx3, I have lx7, and lx5 will be purchased soon to hole hop faster but I will buy that one used off craigslist for sure. You can get the units dirt cheap and being that marcum headquarters is down the street from me it's an easy fix if anything goes wrong.

Buy the vex, you will be happy.
KCCO

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Whoa!! Wait!! Stop!! Let me go pop some popcorn!!!  OK, done!! Go ahead!!  ;)2 :whistle: :callcops: :clap: :thumbsup:

You do know, you're supposed to share with everyone while we watch this thread , don't you? ::)

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I got ya'll covered! Pull up a chair and lets see if'n they can come up with any new arguments.  ;D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
YAY!!! Way to go, Jiggy!!!  :thumbsup: :clap:
Should we tell them about the just-released-this-week FLXU Ultra-high Z1000?!   :woot:

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Chuck Norris only uses vexilars!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Chuck Norris only uses vexilars!

I'll bet!! There's lotsa ice fishing in Hollywood!!  ;D 

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
YAY!!! Way to go, Jiggy!!!  :thumbsup: :clap:
Should we tell them about the just-released-this-week FLXU Ultra-high Z1000?!   :woot:

I would wait until they release the option for the turbo solar charger.      :woot:   

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I would wait until they release the option for the turbo solar charger.      :woot:   

Chargers?  New models have nuclear batterie cores. No charging needed or accessories to light up your shanty. Plus it will have the added feature of turning any jig into a permaglow.

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Come on guys, you just know that the flux capacitor powered model is just around the corner. It might even sneak peak at the St Paul ice show. That is just a rumor now, so don't quote me on it. With its 1.21 jigowatts of power available to you, you can heat yer shack, cook yer lunch, work on yer tan and even go back in time to that last missed strike. I'ma telling ya when this baby hits the market these types of threads will be a thing of the past, eh.  ;)  ;D  ;) ;D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Come on guys, you just know that the flux capacitor powered model is just around the corner. It might even sneak peak at the St Paul ice show. That is just a rumor now, so don't quote me on it. With its 1.21 jigowatts of power available to you, you can heat yer shack, cook yer lunch, work on yer tan and even go back in time to that last missed strike. I'ma telling ya when this baby hits the market these types of threads will be a thing of the past, eh.  ;)  ;D  ;) ;D

But what do I sit it on??     ??? :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
if you can get either for 650 canadian, go for it, cause ,you know, can. money ain,t real money, like monopoly.  eeeehhhh.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

First the carrying bag is extra and does not come with a USB cable for updates... only going to be available from the manufacture and no free shipping (ground only ..something to do with the battery set up) ...and the firmware software has some bugs to be worked out ..so I would wait till next year .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline chickenrancher1

• IceShanty Rookie
LMAO...

I knew this would bring out the diehards or crazies...lol. 

Just to clarify...Yes, I was speaking about that fake Canadian money.  I had planned a trip down to St. Paul in December for the show but since you guys don't like Canadians (why else would you inflate the price of your dollar) I guess I will have to stay home and use old worn out technology....lol.

Oh ya, the flux capacitor doesn't work up here...we don't have electricity you know....lol.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
LMAO...

I knew this would bring out the diehards or crazies...lol. 

Just to clarify...Yes, I was speaking about that fake Canadian money.  I had planned a trip down to St. Paul in December for the show but since you guys don't like Canadians (why else would you inflate the price of your dollar) I guess I will have to stay home and use old worn out technology....lol.

Oh ya, the flux capacitor doesn't work up here...we don't have electricity you know....lol.
You'll get electricity once you get indoor plumbing!!! ::)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.