Author Topic: Any last suggestions?  (Read 827 times)

Offline nickeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any last suggestions?
« on: Oct 22, 2014, 10:46 AM »
Before i go buy everything today at gander?

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Any last suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2014, 11:18 AM »
Gander?! Ya, take lotsa cash!  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline nickeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2014, 11:24 AM »
rod wise lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Oct 22, 2014, 12:52 PM »
I wouldn't expect too much in way of selection.  Over the past few years my local Gander Mountain only had Clam and Gander Mountain brand rods.  I would give serious consideration to looking at other retailers online because I'm sure you'll find a far better selection and better prices.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 22, 2014, 01:08 PM »
Is Gander Mountain your only choice?? If so, shop online where you have much better selection and prices!! Some of our sponsors have free shipping if your order is over a certain dollar amount! My Gander Mountain used to have a great selection of ice fishing stuff, but they have changed it around and now it sucks!! ::)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2014, 01:15 PM »
Never get married and never have back surgery.
<===Lefty===

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2014, 01:29 PM »
Marriage and broken backs go hand in hand.   Rent instead, and go fishing with a good back. Lol
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 22, 2014, 02:42 PM »
Depends on what your wanting, it is really early in the season and being in NYS you have at least 2+ months before you could think of walking on ice.

I would wait till the stuff is in full swing and order stuff as you go.
Don

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Oct 22, 2014, 03:22 PM »
Suggestions?

Never try to eat yogurt with chopsticks.......and never tell your other half what it really cost.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9 on: Oct 22, 2014, 03:59 PM »
If Gander Mountain is your only or primary option for ice fishing gear visit their website sure to be items on it that will not be in your local Gander's gear display/store stock. If you find an item use the ship to store feature on website to save on shipping costs. When you go to Gander stay calm and do not let sale people know you have major cash to spend,remember their job is to move product they may get part of their salary from commission. The more they sell the higher the commission reason some store employees come across as being pushy/overly helpful or say if you will be making a return trip I work these days and times.

Steve

Offline nickeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 22, 2014, 07:54 PM »
I bought a lot of jigs and also I bought two white noises 13 fishing rod and reel combos, for $30 each. good deal. I was looking at the white out but it was only in L and was a 24L so i didn't know if i should get it or not

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 22, 2014, 07:56 PM »
Gander? No local ice shops?

Offline motorfixer1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Oct 22, 2014, 08:23 PM »
Gander, no thanks. I would go maybe to actually put my hands on things and then go home and find them much cheaper online. In the past few years Gander has really gone yuppie and seems to only stock the most expensive rods and lures. I went there looking for a new snow suit at the end of last season and was really disappointed by the inflated sale prices and pushy sales staff that obviously does not use the products they sell. Thats just my $.02

Offline Sodusitous

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That hole ain't gonna drill it's self !
« Reply #13 on: Oct 22, 2014, 09:22 PM »
Does the Cicero store have their stuff out yet?

I was at the Henrietta store today and they had a small amount of stuff still in boxes on a pallet. They were however, pegging  2 large shelving units in preparation for what I pray will soon be a  24' wall of jigs, jigging spoons and Maki plastics.

Also was at Bass Pro tonite and they have what I hope is only a small portion of their stuff out. Sadly, their ice section has not grown much since this time last week.

And yes, I do drive too much in the course of my work day.
"More is lost to indecision than wrong decision"

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Oct 23, 2014, 07:23 AM »
Gander? No local ice shops?

There are a few local shops here, but they usually wait to make sure the forecast is for a good cold winter before they order and display their merchandise.  Gander is the closest option for the addicts with the early spending bug.

Offline nickeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 23, 2014, 09:54 AM »
Does the Cicero store have their stuff out yet?

I was at the Henrietta store today and they had a small amount of stuff still in boxes on a pallet. They were however, pegging  2 large shelving units in preparation for what I pray will soon be a  24' wall of jigs, jigging spoons and Maki plastics.

Also was at Bass Pro tonite and they have what I hope is only a small portion of their stuff out. Sadly, their ice section has not grown much since this time last week.

And yes, I do drive too much in the course of my work day.

yes cicero has stuff out its not complete but don't want to wait to long

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.