The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Ludington or Cadillac Rentals?  (Read 873 times)

Offline Perch Sniper

• IceShanty Rookie
Ludington or Cadillac Rentals?
« on: Oct 21, 2014, 10:29 PM »
Planning this year's annual icefishing weekend and looking for recommendations from the IS brotherhood on cabin/resort rentals in Cadillac or Ludington for a group of six guys. Nothing too luxurious or expensive as most of the time we'll be on the ice.

Offline ready2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ludington or Cadillac Rentals?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2014, 06:55 PM »
In Cadillac try PILGRIM VILLAGE, nothing  fancy but good prices

Offline Joe in T.C.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2014, 04:53 PM »
Don't know the Ludington area, but I also highly recommend Pilgrims Village in Cadillac.

Lake Mitchell and Lake Cadillac are some of the first lakes to have safe ice in the area.

They have great fishing for Pike, real nice Walleyes, slab crappies, and decent perch.

Pilgrims village has everything you need for fishing. They have live bait, Rods, tackle, shelters etc.. and you can rent a cabin for six people that  has a kitchen for a very reasonable price. You can even ice fish right out in front of your cabin.

I usually fish  "Big Cove",  "Blind Island", "Kenwood Park" or "The Slabs". Stop in to Pilgrims Village and they will show you on the map where these spots are located, recommend baits and even tell you how people have been doing and where.

Here is their website if you want to check things out:   http://www.pilgrimvillagefishing.com/

Now the hard part to believe: I'm not a paid spokesman for them :)

What ever you decide, Have a nice trip and  let us know how you did  :tipup:

Offline Perch Sniper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2014, 11:23 AM »
Thanks Joe and Ready2Fish. Cadillac sounds like a great option for a multi-species weekend. I'll plan to get down there for a day and scout some of those spots beforehand. If you're ever up in Charlevoix/Emmet county and need some intel or a fishing partner give me a shout.

Offline junobeans

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2014, 07:17 PM »
I agree pilgrims village is great but the fishing in Cadillac is not always that good

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.